ARRRRRR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We usually won't open the door to them, unless my step dad is home, because we have had them try to force their way into the house. I have actually had to tell them that if they do not leave I will have to call the poliece! They will NOT take no for an answer, nor will they end the discussion with an "I'm already commited to a relgion". Its downright scary to be a 13, 14, 15 or whatever age girl to have two men try to force their way into your home, no matter what they tell you they want to talk about!

Just because someones bible says something is ok, does not make it so. Just look at the terrible things people do for relgion, if we can pass JW's soliciting off as ok because their bible says its ok, then what do we say about the much much worse horros out there being done because someone misinterpreted a "holy word"? They are just doing their job too?

I had some here about 2 weeks ago. I have been off work due to an operation. I told them that I wasn't feeling well and just got out of the hospital and they still wanted to talk with me. It was a young girl and an older woman. I had to get rude to make them leave.

To be honest, I really feel sorry for them. I work with a woman who is JW and while I don't agree with how they interpret the bible, I really don't believe in how they treat their women. Her husband really treats her like crap and from what she has told me this is normal in their religion (she bacame JW while they were dating - JW's must marry JWs). Woman are to do everything around the house and not suppose to work (however grand puba of JW decided it was ok for her to work since she made so much money), so she works and does absolutely everything around the house...cleaning, raising kids, cutting grass, store, everything...the only thing he does is take care of the bills...because of course a woman could never handle such a task
wacko.gif
. I have had discussions with her regarding her religion and she invited me to her church. Which is how it should be....I think it's fine to invite someone to your church, but I don't believe they should be solicitating it at your front door. My co-worker told me it is a requirement for them to go door to door at least twice monthly. She said she hates doing it.

She makes very good money and he has a descent job too and she wears the same clothes almost daily. Perhaps this is her choice, but I doubt it. He does not give her lunch money for work so if she ever wants to eat out she has to borrow money from someone and get the money from him, sometimes it takes two weeks to get $6. She comes into work looking so worn out, like she never sleeps..they have 3 kids and she is 6 months prego.

She has told me stories about her kids at daycare...There would be a party- birthday, Christmas, etc... and her kids would have to go to another part of the daycare center by themselves and watch tv since their religion does not allow them to participate. I think this is very sad. She bought some cupcakes at the store last year around Christmas and they just happen to have red/green icing on them which she said she didn't notice. Her darling husband yelled at her and made her throw them away, this upset the kids horriblely who were crying because they just wanted to eat the sugary cupcakes as all kids would.

I'd like to think that this isn't the way the all are, but according to her this is "normal". I have nothing against them, this is a free country and they can practice whatever religion they want. Notice I say "free"...it seems her husband thinks only men are free. But overall..I agree...don't come to my house and try to "push" it on me. Send me a pamphlet in the mail if you want!

Latest posts

Back