Arizona People Please Read

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Is there any kind of outbreak of anything going on in Arizona? If you know of anything like that please email me. Thank you.

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, have heard nothing here and I live right smack in the middle of the state just out of the Phoenix valley.

Why?!!! What have you heard???
default_new_shocked.gif

You have all of our attention, what is this outbreak that we Arizonians are suppose to be aware of????????????

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Another Arizonian listening too.

Tommy

No kidding!!! I know others that would follow!

Hey Marty... dont leave us hanging here!!!

Oh no no no calm down. We (cmhr) had a horse that was not well and tests were not finding out the cause at first so I usually like to research on my own to see if there were any outbreaks of anything lately and , research a-holic that I am and couldn't find anything. It's ok now you all chill all is well, not to worry yourselves.

Ah.... phew!!!
default_xreiter.gif

I was ready to saddle up and head out of town!! LOL

Hi everyone,

I heard from my equine dentist that there was a strange new flu going around. I am the one that posted about the Donkey with the hyperlipidemia. He started out for a week with depression and not eating his full normal ration. We took his TPR and everthing was normal so we thought maybe it was the heat or he had a bad tooth. We called the dentist and told her his symptoms and she didn't feel it was a tooth but that's when she told us that the vets that she works with have seen a new flu. It's supposedly valleywide. She said it starts out with a depressed state then they get a fever then right into the lungs it goes with no snotty nose or anything. She said several of her clients horses have had it. So we called the vet. The donkey had had no symptoms but depression, he then developed a fever, and then lost all interest in food. The vet told us he thought it was an infectious agent but didn't know what. The blood work showed infection though and we still don't know the cause. My mini and my mothers other mini who he lives with are fine and the neighbors horse who hangs next to the fence is fine also so it seems weird. These horses don't ever leave the property either. I don't know if there is a true outbreak but just be aware that there might be something going around.

A friend of mine that spends some time in AZ said that they found some horses test positive for EIA. I think in the Phoenix area but not sure. She didn't say the number of horses involved either.

I hear it was 130 degrees in part of Arizona. I don't know how you guys can do it!

Marty - I'm assuming you've already called the Arizona Dept. of Agricultre and asked them, right?

Liz R.

No I didn't call them Liz I was going online for certain research about all kinds of stuff because I love doing that but our case is settled now.

LOL Dawn!! Absolutely! I will dig out my shorts when it warms up just a bit more.

Actually, I have not seen 130 here EVER- 122 was a record 18 years ago, and has not been matched since. Keep in mind, we have NO humidity here- if it gets up to about 12% with this heat, we are whining. However it has been steadily running from about 109 to about 113 this June, maybe a bit cooler where Tommy and Dawn are located and they actually got to see some of that wet stuff the other day!

Over at Lake Havasu and Bullhead City areas, it gets disgustingly hot- about five more degrees than here or so, but they have lots of humidity to go with it.

When we went to Tulsa from here (it was about 112 when we left here in September) for Nationals, and got there- the first words out of my mouth was 'I want to go home'. The heat/humidity was so oppressive I could hardly breath. Standing motionless in the shade in just t shirt and shorts, sweating rivers is not my cup of tea.

So really, we dont know how you all do it!!!!

When we went to Tulsa from here (it was about 112 when we left here in September) for Nationals, and got there- the first words out of my mouth was 'I want to go home'. The heat/humidity was so oppressive I could hardly breath. Standing motionless in the shade in just t shirt and shorts, sweating rivers is not my cup of tea.

So really, we dont know how you all do it!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

Marty - I'm assuming you've already called the Arizona Dept. of Agricultre and asked them, right?

Liz R.

No I didn't call them Liz I was going online for certain research about all kinds of stuff because I love doing that but our case is settled now.
Please do contact the authorities next time -- or at least clarify what you are interested in with the initial post. This kind of open ended, hinting of problems post can upset members and cause needless worry and speculation.

Latest posts

Back