Arenosa Bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
I'm interested in an Arenosa colt and would like to know a bit more about the bloodlines. Maybe pictures of your Arenosa bred horses? Do you usually breed them to other Arenosa bred horses or other bloodlines (if the latter, what other bloodlines would those be?)?

I like the line a lot ... Tom Graham does a lot of nice breeding with the Arenosa line. When I think Arenosa I always think of Mr. Graham.

My classic mare - Kitty - is 25% Arenosa bred ...

2-26.jpg

1-27.jpg

Leena, your mare is GORGEOUS!!

We have four of Tom's ponies
default_biggrin.png
I hope to get my gelding out showing next year...

Lucy

We have a horse Filipowicz Thats All Foulks a stallion that is part Arenosa. We just aquired a filly Noblebrooks Canadian Girl of Establo that is 100% Arenosa. We like to breed to other bloodlines.

Getitia of Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm also does a lot of Arenosa breeding - she has a few 100% Arenosa AMHR/ASPC and even AMHA/AMHR/ASPC horses. In fact the "Arenosa" part of Leeana's "Kitty" is from Getitia's lines.

Her stallion - Buckeye WCF Paposa's Mirror Image ("Image" is 100% Arenosa) is one of my favorites (and boy, can he move!):

http://buckeyewcf.com/stallion2.htm

Image is the sire of my 50% Arenosa filly, Alpha Farms Arenosa Twilight:

AlphaFarmsArenosaTwilight_H20090620006_600w.jpg

And is 1/2 brother to my 50% Arenosa filly, Alpha Farms Arenosa Starlet ( who is still a little fat in this photo!)

AlphaFarmsArenosaStarlet_H20090606_01b_400w.jpg

Our herd sire is also 50% Arenosa, and has been National Champion 2x and has produced many National Champions and top 10's, including Leeana's Kitty:

Buckeye WCF Classical Magic

H20080801_BuckeyeWCFClassicalMagic_JodieFrenchMCS_0107_300h.jpg

All but one of my horses are 25-50% Arenosa (including a Graham mare). The line seems to cross very well with some of the old foundation lines like Kid Lee.

All of these are ASPC/AMHR or will remain small enough to hardship to AMHR. I'm very excited to breed Starlet to Magic next year for another 50% Arenosa baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Erin!

Nancy Rivenburgh has lots of knowledge about arenosas. And she is close to you. www.rivenburghfarm.com

And Lori G on here shows and trains LOTS of arenosas. www.heartlranch.com She is awesome! Good luck!

Rita Noble here in Canada is line breeding 100% Arenosa with an Establo herd. She has a very good article on Arenosa's on her website Noblebrook Farm They seem to outcross well on most lines though.

I absolutely love, love, love my Arenosa bred horses. Devon (Gold Visions Endeavor of Establo) (100%) went Reserve National Champion this year, and we couldn't be happier. Watching him move in the Liberty arena gives me goosebumps! His mother Establo Lajuana (100%) is the same way! Woofta! Devon is bred to 3 of my best mares for 2010.

Devon:

diegoOG092.jpg
stalli1.jpg

Lajuana:
Lajuana_1722b_sm.jpg
lajuana_2510sm.jpg

Lajuana is in foal to my Grahams Little King Lee son, Buckeye WCF Classical Center Stage.

We also just purchased another awesome Arenosa mare that I have wanted since I saw her as a yearling... Sundance LB My One Desire of HHP aka Lucy - (75%). She is in foal to a 75% - 34" Arenosa stallion Establo Martini On the Rocks for 2010.

Lucy:
lucy7_06a.jpg

Needless to say.... we are VERY excited about our 2010 expected foals!

WOW! Just Stunning! How tall is she?

I like the line a lot ... Tom Graham does a lot of nice breeding with the Arenosa line. When I think Arenosa I always think of Mr. Graham.
My classic mare - Kitty - is 25% Arenosa bred ...

2-26.jpg

1-27.jpg
Kitty is a 45" classic shetland .....

Getitia has some wonderful smaller Arenosa bred horses and several amha/amhr/aspc horses from that line .... I hope she see's this. Her Arenosa horses are marvelous.

How do you get to be 100 percent Arenosa or any other farm name? Does it qualify if say 200 of the horses on the pedigree carry the Arenosa name?

I've heard several "versions" of how you determine the percentage... being relatively new to Ponies, I'm sure there are much more knowledgeable Arenosa breeders than I... but I believe it was agreed to be determined by if the horses were "owned" by Audrey Barrett at the time of the farm dispersal. I received my information from Sandy Nichols of Establo.

I don't think that could be right, but maybe. In that case when I die all my horses would be 100 percent my farm name. Some of them could be 1000 percent if they carried enough horses with that prefix.

I think that if you could breed horses for a million years you could not get 100 percent.

I don't think that could be right, but maybe. In that case when I die all my horses would be 100 percent my farm name. Some of them could be 1000 percent if they carried enough horses with that prefix. I think that if you could breed horses for a million years you could not get 100 percent.
Well aside from the mathematical improbablility of being 1000 percent of anything
default_biggrin.png
I would say even BEFORE you die that all the horse with your farm name are already 1000 per cent your own farm name
default_new_rofl.gif
I think they figure it out the same way anyone says whatever percent Gold Melody Boy or Buckeroo or whoever - it's an advertising ploy and nothing less.

Here is my mares pedigree - Alpha Farms Magical Melody - off the stud book ....

Her sire is the stallion that Ronaele posted - his dam is Kewpie's Amada of Arenosa which makes my Kitten 25% Arenosa ..

Actually ... if we want to get techincal wouldn't she be 37% Arenosa if you add Amada and Topper together ...

w.jpg

I thought at one time I ran across a site that by plugging in your horses registered name.... it gave you the percentage of "Arenosa" it was ???

There is a whole story provided at several different sites http://www.americanshetlandpony.com/arenosahistory.html is one ... and basically I get that the theory was that Audrey Barrett concentrated her breeding program on a certain "type" of Shetland Pony, ... thus reproducing uniformly the same type, and duly named one of the most prestigious breeders.

So, I suppose one could say it is not really a "bloodline", but a "type" or style of Shetland Pony. You certainly can usually pick out which ones they are... so I would have to say that was true. = )

I LOVE my Arenosa horses. There is alot of personality in these little packages.

This is Monk. He is 50% Arenosa, meaning his sire was bred and owned by Audrey Barrett.

His dam is a mini.

Image4.jpg

And this is Gracie as a foal. She is THE SWEETEST horse in the world.

She has turned in to a very elegant mare.

118_1850-1-1.jpg

There is a whole story provided at several different sites http://www.americanshetlandpony.com/arenosahistory.html is one ... and basically I get that the theory was that Audrey Barrett concentrated her breeding program on a certain "type" of Shetland Pony, ... thus reproducing uniformly the same type, and duly named one of the most prestigious breeders.
So, I suppose one could say it is not really a "bloodline", but a "type" or style of Shetland Pony. You certainly can usually pick out which ones they are... so I would have to say that was true. = )
I would say it is "type".....AND bloodline, being as Mrs. Barrett used two half brothers to create the LOOK.

We have two 100% Arenosa stallions and now only three 100% mares......We just lost one to hyperlipemia and colic, Nov. 13. We love their beauty and movement. Their personalities are not like a mini, but more like an arab. You have to earn their trust.

Pictured is our very special Number One mare, "Chispa", running with her foal from last year......

DSC_0682.jpg

Latest posts

Back