Are you smarter than a 5th grader

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepipony

Reaction score
OK, was this a play on words or did the show get it wrong? I didnt record it so I am not 100% sure. Was his loosing question, what is the most abundant Mineral in the human body? Or did they say mineral? I would think that if they asked metal, and they said the answer was calcium, then they would be wrong. Wouldnt they? Calcium is a mineral, not a metal? Jack would have gotten it wrong anyhow, but darnitallanyway that is buggin me to no end! LOL

OK, was this a play on words or did the show get it wrong? I didnt record it so I am not 100% sure. Was his loosing question, what is the most abundant Mineral in the human body? Or did they say mineral? I would think that if they asked metal, and they said the answer was calcium, then they would be wrong. Wouldnt they? Calcium is a mineral, not a metal? Jack would have gotten it wrong anyhow, but darnitallanyway that is buggin me to no end! LOL
I believe they asked was what was the most abundant metalic element in the human body. DH and I were arguing about the question when it was on.

What were your answers? I said Iron. I asked that question of WikiAnswers and someone said that Calcium was a metal. Ugh!!!!

I believe they asked was what was the most abundant metalic element in the human body. DH and I were arguing about the question when it was on.
My husband said Iron and my stupid answer was Zinc. It thru us the question and their answer. I'm still not too sure today.

Didn't see the show but...

Calcium is a soft, silver-whilte metallic element....so says my World Book encyclopedia.

answers.com says: A silvery, moderately hard metallic element that constitutes approximately 3 percent of the earth's crust and is a basic component of most animals and plants.

So to answer the original question, no, the show wasn't wrong if that is the question they asked.

I thought it a weird question. I knew calcium was a mineral, but didnt know it was considered a metal. Just weird LOL

Back