Arabians!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAM said:
We raise Arabians and Half-Arabians and as was mentioned before, they are very sensitive but form strong bonds. We just love their beautiful heads, big eye and gorgeous movement. We will always have a few around even though we are focusing more on raising our miniatures now. Below are some pictures of our big "kids". They mean the world to us.
wub.gif
Rho-Mistique_03a.jpg

"Misty"

WH-Concerto_08a.jpg

"Cherry"

SR-Rockabey-Baby_13.jpg

"Rockie & 2005 Black Pinto Half-Arab colt Prophecy

Prophecy07.jpg

"Prophecy" Sept 2005

Mistiques-Sensation_14.jpg

"Raven" 2004 Black Pinto Half-Arab filly

477666[/snapback]

new_shocked.gif
Wow, Debra......Had no idea! They are gorgeous!

MA

I am really a picky horse person, and forsome reason I do not want a mixed breed, it must be registerd and fullbred arab, so sadly, there will be no palomino arabs for me:( Thats okay, I will have those in my qaurter horses, and my minis:)

Thanks for all the info EVERYONE! and Leeana, What funny, I got that packet just a few nights before you mentioned it, so I have allready visited there site, and I am now a member on there forum!

LB is still # 1 forum, its so much eaiser, mabe it is cause I am used to it! but LB is so much eaiser!

-Gage-

lol that packet really helps out allot. The dvd was kind of crapy bc it was all people going 'i love them ..there great ...i love them ..blah blah blah BLAHHH".

I am not to picky about horses being registered. The best horses i ever had were not registered ..coco isnt and he is by far the best behaved and beautiful mini i have seen around (other then this site, you guys have some pretty mini's).

I mean just bc the horses parents were not wonderful show horses will not stop me from buying a horse he/she is a good horse.

I just made a name at that forum to a couple weeks ago. Only posted once

ShaksSammyLee is my name there but im changing it to ShaksSammy05

:D Hope you like your arabian when you get one, they really are lovers!

Leeana

We still have 6 Arabians in addition to the minis. I LOVE the Arabian breed, they all have a personality all there own! Our oldest is our 34 yr. old stallion, and our youngest is our Egyptian Arabian who is 5 yrs. When I went into minis I couldnt stand the thought of parting with my Arabian "kids" so I gave 4 to my son and 2 to my daughter, who both have homes right on our farm...that way the horses never left! I have had Arabians for over 40 yrs, and they are truly a stunning breed to own! We also raised/showed besides the arabians, saddlebreds and had quit a few national show horses as well. If Ann (Seahorse Farm) is reading this thread she could tell you anything you would like to know about arabians, as one of hers received honors like no other arabian ever has. (OK, Ann jump in and tell them about your El Farid....) Our horses stalls are 14 x12, and they do just fine in them, we do have 2 stalls which are foaling stalls and those are 16X12. I honestly dont think I will ever be without at least one arabian in my life. Corinne

MeadowRidge Farm said:
If Ann (Seahorse Farm) is reading this thread she could  tell you anything you would like to know about arabians, as one of hers received honors like no other arabian ever has. (OK, Ann jump in and tell them about your El Farid....)
479189[/snapback]

Well, the story of Anaza El Farid is this. (obviously not Ann) A farm in Florida, St. Clair Arabians, owned him and bred him.

In 1993 the farm I have been with for 29 years, Michael Byatt Arabians, got together a group of 15 people which Ann was one of them and purchased Farid as a partnership. At Nationals that year he was Top Ten. He was never National Champion. He also won the Egyptian Event (he also might have gone to World's, I can't remember) and was sold to another client of ours, Count Frederico Zycchey-Thyssen. I am not saying Farid was not a nice horse, but there are many that have won a lot more than him. He EXCELLED as a sire.

(BTW...our World Championships are in Paris, France)

Farid is the sire of Gazal El Shaqab, a World Champion, and the grandsire of Marwan El Shaqab, also a World Champion and unanimous National Champion. Both are going to the Nationals this year......Gazal in Sr. Stallions and Marwan in Jr. Stallions to defend his National title. It is going to be an exciting show for us as taking a National Champion back into the ring is very exciting and stressful to say the least.

We are leaving for Nationals in Albuquerque the middle of this coming week. Can't wait to get there. And if any of you get to the show please look me up at Michael Byatt Arabians and I will introduce you to some of the nicest Arabian horses in the World.

The top photo is of Farid, and photos of Marwan and then Gazal. Marwan is, by far, my favorite. He is just an elegant, stretchy individual with a fantastic personality.

Farid

anaza_el_farid.jpg

Marwan

marwan_thumb.jpg

Gazal

Tgazal.jpg

And yes, there is no such thing as a palomino purebred Arab. There have been one or two people claim that their horses have been recognized by the Palomino Horse As. but that does not mean that they actually carry a copy of the cream gene. So to say these horses are really palomino is a totally BOGUS statement.

But there are some really gorgeous palomino half Arabians. I sold two of mine this year. One is a contender at Nationals this year and the other will be campaigned next year. I will see if I can find a picture or two for those interested in palominos.

Edited to say the palominos are on my other computer, but here are a handful of some of my own personal favorites horses that I have shown.....or Michael has shown for me. Some fo my FAVORITES

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy Carol those are all names I know well. Stunning stunning arabians. Unfortunately because of location of National's this year I am passing but I plan to be in Louisville next year but to spectate only. I have had plans to breed my mare Shafeena for some years, have a paid breeding already but just haven't used it yet....

Best of luck at Nationals!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle, please, please, please come by and visit next us year in Louisville. I would love to meet you. I run our skybox so I will be between there and the barn. You know it will be the last year we come to Louisville.....at least for a while. We will go to Tulsa in 2007. We are all so disappointed over this change as there is nothing like showing in Louisville.
sad.gif

Also, thank you for the well wishes. I can't WAIT to get going.

Carol

Latest posts

Back