Arabian Type Halter & Breastcollars

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pattern or know where I could buy one? I see some beautiful ones being made and was thinking maybe it would be fun this winter to have something like that to try.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend down here in Florida makes and sells them. Here is a link to her FB page pics of them...contact Kris Vegter.

My link

They are lovely but she does not seem to do the halters??

Or is there another link??

Try californiaarabianhalters.com They advertised in the Journal and have full size arab halters and ones just for miniatures in what you are looking for. Both halters and breast collars. I think they could be made quite easily (halters anyway) even if you are not much of a seamstress. I think if you took a cable or round leather show style halter and bought trim and/or trim with beadwork from the fabric store (drapery section usually has the most selection of this type) and hand stitched it on with a heavy thread such as Quilter's thread or heavy duty buttonhole thread; it might come out nicely. The breast collars would take a bit more planning and sewing.
default_wink.png

Kris does make matching halters. She has quite a collection to chose from now..

and THEY ARE GORGEOUS and affordable. Call her Debbie,, she will sometimes send you several sets and let you

try on your horse to chhose the best color combination.
default_smile.png

Hennessey Poster JPEG 8x10 Final Lightning webl.jpg

Sandy, I love that photo!!!! I also love that collar!!! I did leave a message on Kris' wall so hopefully I will hear back from her.

Performancemini~~ Thank you for sharing that link. I am going to check that out as well. I'm with you. The halters do not seem like they would be too hard to make. I love to try new things and it might be fun, so I think I will order a set and go from there.

Thanks everyone.
default_saludando.gif

I was thinking I might want to make one too Debbie, so if you find any info let me know. I have a set but it wont fit most of my horses, so i would like to make one smaller.

I was thinking I might want to make one too Debbie, so if you find any info let me know. I have a set but it wont fit most of my horses, so i would like to make one smaller.
Tami, I haven't been able to find much in the way of a pattern but I did contact Kris on Facebook and Sandy is right. Her sets are beautiful and very reasonably priced.
default_smile.png

Just wanted to share I just found out that MiniExpress sell the halters and breastcollars also for $300, but it only looks like they have 2 sets.

I saw the California halters in person at Nationals and they are very pretty but pricey. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Thank you JMS Miniatures. I really love Kris Vegter's but I will check Mini Express' website out as well.

Thanks Jean! I really appreciate the information and I will check out Michele's too.
default_smile.png

Deb I LOVE Michelles! and there are some at Mini Express

I just made it.
default_smile.png
I couldn't afford to buy one so just took a stab at it without a pattern.

Latest posts

Back