AQHA people please...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of good foundation breeding there if you go back some generations. I'm not familiar with the stallion himself, but sure nothing wrong with his background. Learn something every day lol - I didn't know Eternal Sun traced back to Man O'War, and I had an Eternal Son grandson at one time.

What are you wanting to do with this horse?

Jan

Go Man Go is racing blood, Sonny Dee Bar is Halter blood. Scotch bar time was a great horse. Eternal Sun sired a lot of halter horses.

I don't know what I am going to do with her, but I knew I could not let her slip through the cracks. She has had one foal and was started when she was three. Since then she has been in a pasture. She was headed to auction as the owner could not afford to feed her this winter (kudos to the owner for realizing this before the horse lost weight) and around here an unbroke horse isn't worth much.

Just looking for general opinions on the potential of a horse from these lines.

Being in Michigan I grew up hearing about Eternal Sun, Storyman and Sonny Dee Bar and just want to make sure my judgement on this pedigree is not altered by hero worship. ;)

I know that Eternal Sun and Eternal Linda are both in the Michigan Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.

Her dam, Darlin Story, has a show record also:

1994 AMATEUR QUALIFIED SHOWMANSHIP WORLD SHOW

1994 AMATEUR SUPERIOR SHOWMANSHIP

1994 AMATEUR HALTER REGISTER OF MERIT

1992 AMATEUR QUALIFIED SHOWMANSHIP WORLD SHOW

1991 AMATEUR PERFORMANCE REGISTER OF MERIT

I could be a bit prejudiced...my last Appaloosa mare was a grand daughter of Eternal Sun. She did well at both halter and riding, and had a disposition to die for. ET was on her maternal side, and Prince Plaudit on the top side...a very winning combination, as all of her siblings did well for themselves in the showring.

Boy do you want to share a picture? You have some good blood lines. I am curious to see if she leans towards the halter side or the performance side confirmation wise.

I love love love the topside. Not crazy about the bottom.

Finally brought her home. She is a sweet mare, trailered well and settled in fast. We will be riding her this weekend to see how much she knows. Once we get her feet in shape and put a few miles on her she will be put up for sale as she is a little short for me.
default_wink.png
;) She measures out at 15h and is a thick mare.

Pasture condition:

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

So - decided to go back out to see how Story was doing and this is what happened....

a.jpg

She is a sweetheart but doesn't know too much. She tries really hard to figure out what you are asking her to do without getting anxious or fussy about it. Very, very pleased with this horse, but I think Becca is falling for her.

front-1.jpg

Becca decided she was cold and wanted her hoodie - which I tossed to her while she was on Story (I gave her warning). Becca even slid off her butt. Story was not fazed by that or anything we did. Here is Becca acting goofy to see what she would do.

goofy.jpg

Latest posts

Back