Appy at a Carriage Driving Show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
Well - I was trying to wait until the real photos arrived - they've been ordered... but here are the proofs:

LAF1.jpg

Appy was the ONLY miniature horse showing at the 2007 Los Angeles County Fair International Draft Horse, Mule & Pleasure Driving Show! His first ADS show, to boot!

It was quite an adventure, as the day before the show I had a major accident with my right hand - the index finger was mangled, and there were 6 other severe lacerations. (more about that soon on the back porch!)

The new cart with wooden wheels had just arrived and been assembled, but no chance to try it out everything got thrown into the trailer and off to the show we went for a week!

Brenda had to drive in the Amateur turn out class for me - her first ever driving class, and Appy's first class in the new cart, and first time into the venerable Carnation arena at the Pomona Fairplex.

Wendy Pregler, who has been helping Appy and I with lessons was slated to drive in the other classes, and between them they pulled off a placing in each and every class, despite the fact that they were competing in FULL classes against Hackney Ponies, Halflingers, Fell Ponies and anything else in the show 14.2 hands and under!

Needless to say, we were all thrilled with our "premier"! And the boy looked so good... he was definitely the crowd favorite, too! A good time was had by all, even the announcer who played the munchkin song everytime he saw Appy near the in gate - except during the Gambler's choice obstacle class, where he played "low rider"!

LAF2.jpg

More photos soon!

LAF3.jpg

More ADS mini people need to come for next year - maybe we can talk them into some VSE classes!!!

:aktion033: Congratulations! Appy looks great and your smile says you had a wonderful time!

Joanne

Congratulations - hope the hand is healing, ouch! - he looks great. Very pretty cart too - what kind is it?

Jan

Added - wow, look at the stands! Looks like a great crowd for a horse show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen, that is wonderful! Appy is just the best little ambassador. What a terrific turnout to see your little boy in action! Congratulations on your placings, and I hope your hand is better soon...ouch!!!

Oh owwww!! I'm so sorry about your hand!!

Karen, he looks great. I wanted to do that show when we were in CA, but it always conflicted with Nationals. I'm glad you could show off such an accomplished ambassador for our breed :aktion033: . The cart looks perfect--please post the "real" pics when they come so we can see all the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say, Appy & I didn't place when I drove but he is wonderful. I'm sure our not placing was much more my lack of driving ability than Appy's performance. Saturday I was driving him in the warm-up arena with Friesians and mules and huge carts everywhere. He was wonderful. I sure love that little guy!
default_wub.png
: I can't wait to drive him more!

He looks great!!

Me too- where did you get the cart??

Appy looks awesome!! Congrats on such a great show, and on getting such a great mini out there for people to see! :aktion033:

What a super little guy!!!
default_wub.png
:

Karen, how awesome!! I'm so glad you went and Appy was obviously a perfect little angel as usual. Big ouch on that hand, yipes! :new_shocked:
default_sad.png
Please do post when you get more pictures, I look forward to seeing them.

Way to go!

Leia

Here are more photos of Appy from the show that I took...

Appy in the photo gallery

Oh yes, for those who asked... the cart is by "A Silver Penny Farm" - Pam Southworth. BEST price anywhere, fast and wonderful customer service! (Tell her I sent you!) :bgrin

Latest posts

Back