Appendix Registry proposal heading to Vegas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know I am leaving tomorrow for the meeting in Vegas and will have all of your responses with me.

Below is an e-mail I just sent to the committee including the proposal the committee will be recommending.

Ronnie Clifton

Fellow Committee Members,

Counting the BOD meeting where we discussed this, the committee conference call last night, and the numerous e-mails and phone calls our committee has done considerable research on the issue of miniatures that exceed 34". Below is the proposal as we discussed in the committee meeting and unless some of you feel differently the one we will recommend at the annual meeting. I apologize for not getting this out sooner this morning but I was trying to tally up all of my responses. I have solicited responses in several venues including two post on Lil' Beginnings which had 2,148 reads. I also surveyed the members present at the last East Coast Miniature Horse Club meeting last month which was 100% favorable. All total I have received 155 responses with 134 in favor of the proposal, 17 opposed, and 4 undecided. I have collected this information over the last couple of months with responses from all over the country including several small farms, several of our largest breeders and farms, and everywhere in between. I believe the statistics from this random sampling to be representative of the general membership and the whole miniature horse community.

Total Responses = 155, In Favor = 86.4%, Opposed = 11.0%, Undecided = 2.6%

My opinion based on the many people I have heard from is we will see a large influx of both registrations and members.

Here is the proposal as I originally sent it out the only change is I added in a cost example for items 2, 3, & 4 because a couple of people were confused on the cost.

I will also attach it as a word document if you want to open it that way. Let me know what you think.

Ronnie

Proposal for AMHA Appendix Registry
AMHA Appendix Registry will not use temporary registration All registrations are permanent. Horses in this registry will be referred to as Appendix registered

Eligibility:

1 – Any AMHA registered horse that has exceeded 34 inches may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the same fees it would cost to bring them permanent in AMHA. This may be done at any age when the horse exceeds 34 inches. If the horse has already been brought permanent it will be placed in the Appendix registry at no additional cost to the owner when the original registration certificate is sent in to the office and an Appendix Registration Certificate will be issued. If the original registration certificate has already been sent in and is in the possession of the AMHA office the horse will be placed in the Appendix Registry upon request of the recorded owner. This request must be signed by the recorded owner or accompanied by a properly signed transfer.

2 – Any AMHR registered horses 38 inches and under may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

3 – Any offspring resulting from the breeding of an AMHA registered horse to an AMHR registered horse may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

4 – Any offspring resulting from the breeding of an AMHA Appendix registered horse to an AMHR registered horse may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

Example for items 2, 3, and 4 above: Horse over 24 months of age registration fee $60 + $50 for permanent + $50 processing fee = $160 total.

Horses less than 24 months old would be less based on the registration fee for their age. All AMHA Appendix registered horses will retain their pedigree information on their registration certificate and in the Stud Book including registration numbers of all known ancestors to identify their AMHA and/or AMHR background.

5 – Any offspring resulting from breeding an AMHA Appendix registered horse to either an AMHA registered horse or another AMHA Appendix registered horse will be eligible for registration in the regular AMHA registry provided it meets all registration requirements. These offspring will be issued either temporary or permanent registration based on their age and will be subject to all of the requirements and regulations of AMHA registration. If these registered offspring ever exceed 34 inches in height they will be place into the AMHA Appendix Registry according to the same procedures as any other AMHA registered horse.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Looks good to me.
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: YEA! Thank you for all your hard work in recognizing the need to the breed!

Fran

Thank you Ronnie, your work on this is one of the reasons I am attending the meeting. See you there! I am a supporter of this proposal.

:aktion033: Thats a breath of fresh air for all of us!! :aktion033:

I hope they approve it!

Joyce

Hi Ronnie,

You are obviously a very active director who is also very interactive with the AMHA members in your region. Thats a good thing! However, we are not all so fortunate as to have directors like you. Of all the members of the local miniature horse club in my state, I am one of two that visits this forum on a semi-regular basis. I've called our director and given e-mail adresses, phone numbers, and the address of our local forum/board just in case it wasn't on file... we're still in the dark.

My point is that there are many many AMHA members who do not frequent Lil Beginnings, are not members of the East Coast Miniature Horse Club, and who you have not personally contacted. Even if you counted each "read" as a different person - which we know is not the case. This would be a major registry decision based only 155 responses.

Please wait on this, publish it in the MHW and give all the members a chance to discuss this with each other and the directors. Put in a sheet for them to mail back a "yes" or "no" response. Your resposes will still only be a sample, but it will be the sample of EVERYONE who cares one way or the other. If there are strong feelings either way give them a chance to attend the annual meeting and VOTE. I'm staying at home to watch a mare due to foal and have family flying out tomorrow to attend the national meeting. If someone feels strongly about this ONE DAY is not enough notice to be able to attend - even the registration for the meeting has been closed for a week plus... If one day was enough for me to find someone I trusted to watch my mare I would come and say the same things in person --- but it's not.

Regards & thank you for your committee work,

Colleen

Good job Ronnie pass or not you stuck your neck out to get this out there and hey if it doesnt pass this year there is always next
default_yes.gif
:

What about AMHA horses who have already outgrown AMHA and no longer hav etheir AMHA papers but AMHR. Would they be allowed to get AMHA Appendix Registry papers. I have 2 mares who were registered AMHA but outgrew their papers. One is 35.5", other is 36.5. The smaller mare has had foals that have stayed small, the larger mare has yet to have a foal. I am just curious. Thanks!

Congrats Ronnie - on a job well done - so very thoroughly thought out, and input from many taken into consideration -- I hope it passes - long overdue.

I am going to take my mare jogging tonight in the hope that I can jiggle her foal loose so that I can join Amy & Patty at the convention.

Will look forward to seeing you and everyone again.

Stacy

Ronnie

Thank you very much for all your hard work, it appears to address all the issues in a fair & equitable manner.

I believe that your sample of the AMHA population was statistically appropriate.

You will certainly have experts in your meeting who can address that issue.

I fully support your proposal. And will begin budgeting for fees now.

Please feel free to pass this written endorsement on to whoever won the board of director position for Region 12.

Johnice L Hopson

Wynn's Folly Minis

AMHA Lifetime member #27255

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that sounds awesome! I did also wonder what about those horses with their AMHA papers already pulled. I have a mare (yep she is R still) who's dam went over for A..they pulled her papers.. just wondering if they would reinstate the horses they have already pulled..?

Shana and Boinky, your concerns were addressed in #1:

Any AMHA registered horse that has exceeded 34 inches may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the same fees it would cost to bring them permanent in AMHA. This may be done at any age when the horse exceeds 34 inches. If the horse has already been brought permanent it will be placed in the Appendix registry at no additional cost to the owner when the original registration certificate is sent in to the office and an Appendix Registration Certificate will be issued. If the original registration certificate has already been sent in and is in the possession of the AMHA office the horse will be placed in the Appendix Registry upon request of the recorded owner. This request must be signed by the recorded owner or accompanied by a properly signed transfer.
So even if you turned your papers in to AMHA already when your horses went over, you will be able to reinstate them into the appendix registry.

I have a mare that went over, I just never bothered to transfer her or bring her permanent in AMHA. I still have her A temporary papers. She is AMHA Parentage Qualified. She is eligible for the appendix registry, and I would definitely register her immediately in the appendix registry. She is still permanently registered and transferred over to me with AMHR.

I also have two AMHR-only 2yo babies that would be eligible for this appendix registry, one of them will almost certainly stay under and the other one possible. I want to see all of my horses carry a dual registration, and if they stay under I will possibly even hardship them both into the permanent registry.

Just to let everyone know I am leaving tomorrow for the meeting in Vegas and will have all of your responses with me.

Below is an e-mail I just sent to the committee including the proposal the committee will be recommending.

Ronnie Clifton

Fellow Committee Members,

Counting the BOD meeting where we discussed this, the committee conference call last night, and the numerous e-mails and phone calls our committee has done considerable research on the issue of miniatures that exceed 34". Below is the proposal as we discussed in the committee meeting and unless some of you feel differently the one we will recommend at the annual meeting. I apologize for not getting this out sooner this morning but I was trying to tally up all of my responses. I have solicited responses in several venues including two post on Lil' Beginnings which had 2,148 reads. I also surveyed the members present at the last East Coast Miniature Horse Club meeting last month which was 100% favorable. All total I have received 155 responses with 134 in favor of the proposal, 17 opposed, and 4 undecided. I have collected this information over the last couple of months with responses from all over the country including several small farms, several of our largest breeders and farms, and everywhere in between. I believe the statistics from this random sampling to be representative of the general membership and the whole miniature horse community.

Total Responses = 155, In Favor = 86.4%, Opposed = 11.0%, Undecided = 2.6%

My opinion based on the many people I have heard from is we will see a large influx of both registrations and members.

Here is the proposal as I originally sent it out the only change is I added in a cost example for items 2, 3, & 4 because a couple of people were confused on the cost.

I will also attach it as a word document if you want to open it that way. Let me know what you think.

Ronnie

Proposal for AMHA Appendix Registry
AMHA Appendix Registry will not use temporary registration All registrations are permanent. Horses in this registry will be referred to as Appendix registered

Eligibility:

1 – Any AMHA registered horse that has exceeded 34 inches may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the same fees it would cost to bring them permanent in AMHA. This may be done at any age when the horse exceeds 34 inches. If the horse has already been brought permanent it will be placed in the Appendix registry at no additional cost to the owner when the original registration certificate is sent in to the office and an Appendix Registration Certificate will be issued. If the original registration certificate has already been sent in and is in the possession of the AMHA office the horse will be placed in the Appendix Registry upon request of the recorded owner. This request must be signed by the recorded owner or accompanied by a properly signed transfer.

2 – Any AMHR registered horses 38 inches and under may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

3 – Any offspring resulting from the breeding of an AMHA registered horse to an AMHR registered horse may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

4 – Any offspring resulting from the breeding of an AMHA Appendix registered horse to an AMHR registered horse may be registered in the AMHA Appendix Registry by paying the regular AMHA registration fee that would apply based on the horse’s age and the same equivalent permanent registration fee for an AMHA horse plus a $50 processing fee.

Example for items 2, 3, and 4 above: Horse over 24 months of age registration fee $60 + $50 for permanent + $50 processing fee = $160 total.

Horses less than 24 months old would be less based on the registration fee for their age. All AMHA Appendix registered horses will retain their pedigree information on their registration certificate and in the Stud Book including registration numbers of all known ancestors to identify their AMHA and/or AMHR background.

5 – Any offspring resulting from breeding an AMHA Appendix registered horse to either an AMHA registered horse or another AMHA Appendix registered horse will be eligible for registration in the regular AMHA registry provided it meets all registration requirements. These offspring will be issued either temporary or permanent registration based on their age and will be subject to all of the requirements and regulations of AMHA registration. If these registered offspring ever exceed 34 inches in height they will be place into the AMHA Appendix Registry according to the same procedures as any other AMHA registered horse.

That sounds great! I sure hope it turns out. I have 2 possibly 3 mares that can be in the appendix registry.

I agree this hopefully will go through.

But I also wonder ... I have a stud that went over and they pulled his papers so I went through all the work and paid to transfer him over to AMHR ... so if it goes through what Im going to have to pay out $160 to get his AMHA papers ???

Kinda unfair. JMO

I am disturbed that this proposal has not been communicated to all AMHA members. A proposal of this magnitude surely needs time for digestion and definitely not something that can be rammed through at a last minutes notice.

My feeling is that this proposal stands to water down that AMHA registry. AMHR has it's own registry and the two should definately stay seperated.

I cannot make the meeting in Vegas, but I beg of those that will be there to question this proposal. The long term concequences of this proposal could mean a muddled and confused AMHA registry. We could one day be saying "my AMHA registered horse is the product of an AMHR and an AMHA Appendix".

Sincerely,

Minidude

Minidude, you may get flamed, so I'm here for moral support and will share the flames! :new_shocked:

I agree with you totally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viki

Back