Anything to make them not so pink?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
Hey! I clipped my weanling today! He is fine everywhere but on his face where he has a star,and its PINK I guess from the skin showing,or is it something I can do to take the "pink" out,also is it ok for them to have pink? Thanks in advance,new to this show clipping!! :bgrin

Also when applying the "goop" how far up the nose do you go with it? I'd love to see a good picture of someones horse with it,thank ya'll so much!

P.S. I can't wait to get some pictures on here to share!

Getting ready for the big Showdown this weekend? :bgrin It shoud be fine by the time you show, but you could always put a little baby powder over it before going in your class. Good luck and will see you there!

Oops, forgot to answer your second question about the goop. Just add some around the muzzle up to where the halter will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! We sure are,and I'm so excited!!! Just can't wait! Yeah hopefully it will be alright by then,but if not I will use some baby powder,thanks for the tip! Are you taking anyone?

Yes, we are taking 6. I am the one you have been emailing about your entries, I am on the show committe. I will be seeing you there. :saludando:

Here is my show stallion. The girl that use to have him and was showing him did not shave over the eyes real well. I know she only went up to the halter here he is:

Hope this helps

bluaug2004.jpg

He does not have a whole lot on here in this pic.

HI!!! I am clipping tonite I hope and I have a horse with a blaze all the way down his face, I hope I don't clip him to close but thanks for the help Minih. See ya Friday!!

Hi, we have a black leopard stallion, SW Flashing Leoprad. Leopard has very pink skin.

When I was showing him, no matter how I clip him, he was PINK Skin, and Blue Black

Spots. Everyone teased us about our Pink horse with Blue poka dots.. it was hey look at

that pink and blue horse. His foals are breath taking.

This is Leopard when I was showing him. And this is the true horse.

domino.jpg

Vicky

I have shown this picture before, and some of you may be tired of seeing it, but it is a good close up of how I do my faces. I do not razor the white on our horses faces unless it is a very small mark like on the second pic.

ef08364f.jpg

ef084a0a.jpg

I do it as minih does it. I clip the white on the muzzle with a 30, but I don't razor it. Then I clip all of the black areas on the muzzle with a 50 and then razor those areas, and I do the same above the eyes. By leaving a small amount of hair on the white areas, they still look white.

:bgrin :aktion033: Thanks everyone!! Its a big help,plus to know that other horses do get pink,I was so scared I did something wrong to my guy! Thanks for the pictures to of how to do the faces! think I will take and clip his muzzle with a 50 and over his eyes with a 50 as he has black skin there,since he's just a young one though,and I'm not good at razoring,I think I will hold off on that! Thanks again everybody!

Please remember that when you clip or razor that close they can sunburn very easily. It only takes a short time to blister them. They need to be kept inside until the sun goes down.

Pam

Yep the only thing to remeber if you clipping close to pink skin like horsefeather said, you have good chances of sunburn skin. Even the ones I haven't clipped at all this year, but have white blazes are pink at the ends of there nose. Just something to remeber.

I do the exact same thing that ThreeCFarm does "clipper blade lengths", and don't razor.

Yep the only thing to remeber if you clipping close to pink skin like horsefeather said, you have good chances of sunburn skin. Even the ones I haven't clipped at all this year, but have white blazes are pink at the ends of there nose. Just something to remeber.

I do the exact same thing that ThreeCFarm does "clipper blade lengths", and don't razor.
Yes I am watching him closely mainly keeping him stalled,or in the shade really well,only turnout early morning and evenings,I don't want him blistering :no: and I agree with you and horsefeather,I have a perlino,and a sabino and they burn bad if I don't watch them! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back