Anything goes -If you cannot take the heat Do Not Read.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
Taking into consideration the ideas presented and the the pm's I received from "the back porch is slow" topic 135582

This Topic is here for you to post and discuss things that have not been allowed on the back porch.

! Post in this topic only.

The only rules are the following taken from a reply in the above linked post from one of our admin mods If you cannot take the heat then don't go into the kitchen.

If you cannot take the heat stop right here.

No swearing, personally attacking or calling each other names. Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not make them "stupid".

If you decide to take part in the discussion then please don't whine to the mods on what is posted UNLESS a rule is broken.

You read it and you don't like it then hit the IGNORE button. End of story!

NO complaints from non participants. You have been warned not to read it so don't if it upsets you. Once again, YOUR choice.

Start post(s) below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an "anything goes" space is within the back porch. So, if this is the case, how will people post a topic line? Maybe it is just me, but will this not end up being just a run on thread? And some people might choose to read one topic but wish to avoid another. Sorry, I am confused.

If we all promise to behave, then there won't be a problem. I won't be offended, everthing is a learning experience.

Ok, let's give it a test drive.

So, here is the game. You have to give "something" to the woman that threw a shoe at Hillary Clinton while she was giving a speech earlier this week. Keep it simple. What one thing would you give the shoe thrower?
default_rolleyes.gif

So ok, totally new topic here but golly gee willakers I already see the need for a way to clearly start a new topic.

What are you doing to "help ban the word BOSSY"?
default_poke.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif

I'd give her a shocked look but when no one was looking I'd give her a high 5 and thumbs up!! I am too much a weenie to actually throw the shoe...

I'd give her a lecture on how to be respectful. Hilary handled it beautifully.

I knew a shoe was thrown, I didn't know who threw it or who it was thrown at--wasn't interested enough to read beyond the headline. LOL so I guess I would have to just give her a funny look, wondering why she did that. I'm not really for or against Hillary so wouldn't be inclined to throw anything at her.

I think Ms. Clinton handled it very diplomatically correct. I wouldn't be so disrespectful or take my self down to her level, but someone else may have picked up said shoe and threw it back. Anyhow the shoe thrower is now in custody and will be punished for her disrespectful act.

Haha Vicki, iI hope her shoes were all spiked high heels! I am sure some will be lobbying to ban shoes soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I posted two topics. First one about the flying shoe. Second one about banning the word "bossy."

The good news is we got some participation. Because everyone knows that Hillary is the wife of former President Bill Clinton, and that she was former Secretary of State in the current administration, may be aware of her involvement in a number of events that one could form either a positive or negative opinion of her, and it is highly probable that she will make a run for president in 2016 therefore we got some posts on that topic.

The "bossy" topic got ignored. I intentionally picked a topic that people would either have no idea what I was talking about or think it was not worth giving any opinion to. Not that I think that a topic being not hot or dead in the water is bad news. I am still trying to figure out how these quote and multi-quote features work on the forum.

So hopefully you more computer literate people will show how we can make those features work so as not to jumble topics.

Btw, the "bossy" topic was about the video that came out (easy to google) and the campaign to ban the word. Ringleaders were a group of women that included the singer Beyonce'. And while I could really go there, I am just going to say that I am keeping "bossy" in my Websters because at least once a day I have to tell one of the mares here to stop being so "bossy." I prefer to just ban brainless Hollywood celebrities altogether.

Omg all I saw was the post about bossy and I've been trying to figure out how it got derailed to Hilary since yesterday! Whoops!

Vickie...I could surely get on board with a ban on brainless Hollywood celebrities!! My list of 'bann-ees' would start with the 'K's....but would be LONG!!! ;-)

I second with a ban on brainless celebrities no matter where they come from, sports or Hollywood. My pick would be the ever popular Mily Cyrus. Let her twerk her you know what down the road to obscurity.

Back