Anyone using propane heaters in trailers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Sad news from the World Clydesdale show: 4 people dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

This should serve as a reminder to anyone using a propane heater in their campers or horse trailer living quarters--1) make sure the sleeping area is well ventilated and 2) install a carbon monoxide detector

What a sad, sad thing for the Clay family. Here is their website: Clay's Clydesdales

Yes, that is a very sad situation. The same thing happened to a family just north of Kenora a couple/few years back too that were sleeping in their camper. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, not just for those that use propane heaters, but with any propane appliance, or any RV should have a carbon monoxide detector installed. And remember, those carbon monoxide detectors are placed near the FLOOR not the ceiling, as carbon monoxide gathers first near the floor.

Oh my goodness!!! THANK YOU for posting this! I'm going out today to get a detector for our camper. My husband and his dad and brother stay in ours during deer camp and last year they were getting headaches. I just thought maybe it was too much beer before bed time! I'm also moving the detectors in the house to the floor, when my inlaws lived here they put them all on the ceilings.

So Sad, and so young
default_pray.gif
:

We know the family from showing our friend's Percherons with them many times. They're great people with great horses. I always enjoyed watching them show. Such a tragedy.
default_sad.png

Our thoughts & prayers are with them & the rest of their family in this very hard time.
default_pray.gif
:

Latest posts

Back