Anyone need a pasture pet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champagne Valley Farm

Reaction score
I am helping a trainer find a home for an TB. He's 4 and a happy gelding. He broke his seasamoid and is currently just walking. Vet said he could start carrying a rider again in June and he would be just fine for light riding. No galloping, jumping, cantering, etc. He would need someone who knows how to handle a young horse as he will be a handful when he starts riding again. Once he settles into that he will be a wonderful boy. He's a sweetheart and VERY sensible. Not flaky at all.

He's in S. Florida but might be able to help with shipping from here to anywhere along the way to Louisiana. Would also be able to ship him up to Ocala if need be.

He's free to a permenent, loving home. The original owner wanted to put him down after he broke down but the trainer took him on to save him. He knows he's special!!
default_smile.png

If you know of anyone or you would like him just let me know!! Thanks!

I already have my share of pasture pets but I wanted to say GOOD ON YOU and the trainer for helping this big kid out!

I already have too many, but wanted to share my story about that certain break.

I had the most wonderful off the track TB, who came into a rescue barn I was working at as a Monster with Both sesmoides in Both front feet shattered.

He was locked up for almost a year while he healed, he then went on to walk trot canter just fine. I could never jump him, but everything else was great.

He was my best friend, and despite trying to eat me and anyone else for a good long while, came around to being a wonderful horse.

I lost him while he was vacationing at the rescue barn's stunning 100 acer facility. While outside enjoying their grass, he got kicked by another horse in a back leg and had to be put down. I cried for weeks, but am now okay with talking about it at least.

So, from my experience, it may take awhile, but the horse could become a okay flat horse with proper supervision! My Gamble never had full motion in either front fetlock, but unless you were looking for it, you would never have noticed!

This poor boy has been through a lot in his short life. This isn't his first break. But I'll tell you what he handled stall rest for 60 days like it was nothing. He's got a "window seat" in the barn where he can see the horses training on the small track and he LOVES it. He will make someone a GREAT pleasure horse with time and paitence. It's just so hard nowadays to give horses away to a home where you know they will live their time out in a loving manner. He was supposed to go to a friend of ours back home but she can't quite convince hubby that her horse needs a companion
default_wink.png

I hope I can find someone to give him that loving home before I talk myself into taking him :DOH! . I certainly don't need another horse right now and the only place I can put him is up in Ocala. So I wouldn't be able to see him much. I know we'll find him a home but I just hope soon as he's eating like a King and costing the trainer too much for not doing anything
default_biggrin.png
. He certainly doesn't mind!!! LOL.

Thanks so much for the replies and good wishes.
default_biggrin.png

I'd take him also if he were closer. My parents have a nice huge farm and I keep my riding horses there. I have 2 large horses and a pony there. I will shortly have 3, maybe 4 big horses if I send my half QH filly there and a pony there but have room for 5 big horses and a pony.

Latest posts

Back