Anyone know the make of this mini trailer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkermini

Reaction score
We have had this trailer for a few years...there is no manufacturer info anywhere! We have done web searches and it looks similar to Big Valley, and Calico brands. But we havent found any that look exactly like it. Anyone know what brand it is? And any idea of when it was made?

th_minitrailer3.jpg

th_minitrailer2.jpg

th_minitrailer.jpg

Hey there!
default_saludando.gif

I always thought that your trailer was a Calico. That would be my guess. I still have major trailer envy! It can come live with me if you ever want to upgrade.
default_wink.png

This is a shot in the dark, but keeping in mind that many, many trailer manufacturers will do custom modifacations for customers just about any companny could have made it.

Being that the trailer is not marked and I am assuming there is no title or you would know who the manufacturer was, I am going to just put this out there.......

I see you are in Kentucky, several years back there was a company in Bowling Green Kentucky. They were apparently having financial distress issues for sometime. The company had closed shop and skipped town with their supplies, deposits and belongings, only leaving an empty warehouse. They had a rocky past. They did manufacture trailers, and randomely filled orders for several years. Point being, of those trailers that were manufactured, a very large portion of them could never be registered and never had titles. So they were ultimately rendered useless for long hauls on highways or for anything more than an emergency.

There are some individuals with metal fabrication skills that can do a heck of a job and there are companies like the one I mentioned. Any legit trailer should have a metal plate with trailer info like the axle weight limits, total vehicle weight, title number, manufacturer ID #..... (or at the very least a place where that plate once was, in which case, if it were removed/missing it would make me question if it was stolen). The plate is usually near the front of the trailer towards the tongue.

Hi Angela!! I will let you know first if we ever sell it!

Carolyn-thanks for ther info, very interesting! We actually bought the trailer from someone in TN, but of course they could have gotten it from the place in KY you mentioned. We dont see a place that ever had a manufacturers plate at all on it. Guess it will remain the mystery trailer haha! On another note, I went to your website and realized your stallion Omega is grandsire to a little bay mare I have, he is her dam's sire. Omega is beautiful! Her sire is also a driving horse. She is a real character.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your state requires tags etc on a trailer, south carolina doesn't for trailers under a certain weight. Being as there is no manufacture plate you might be able to label it a "homemade" trailer and get tags etc on it that way. We have done this in Florida in the past. Each state is different though but it might be worth looking into if you need it.

Sort of looks like a customized Adams trailer to me.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, I went to your website and realized your stallion Omega is grandsire to a little bay mare I have, he is her dam's sire. Omega is beautiful! Her sire is also a driving horse. She is a real character.
Thanks,he has a heart of gold, always gives 110%.

The Adams mini trailers they make now don't have the flared triangular pieces where the rear brakelights are. You could try contacting winger trailer sales in troutville VA if you are curious to find out if it is an adams. They sell them and their ties go back to the start of the Adam's trailer company.

Latest posts

Back