Anyone know anything about this ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the paper that was handed out at the show. I believe De Ruel of Royalty Stables is one of the ones handling it, as she was the one that gave the flyer to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION ALL YOUTHS & AMATEURS

Introducing the 2008 American AMHA/AMHR Youth & Amateur National Show

All Your Favorite Classes and Many New Classes including Pinto And Appy

Exhibitors Must Be A Youth Or Amateur

All Horses must be either AMHA or AMHR Registered

All Animals must be an Amateur Owned/Trained/Exhibited or Youth Trained

Professional Trained Animals must not have been with a trainer after 12/31 of the previous year to qualify

All measuring will be done by a lazer system for complete accuracy

No Qualifying for the 2008 National Show !!!

36" Rosettes for 1st thru 10th place. Fabulous Belt Buckles to National Champions and Tioga Territory jackets for Grands. Be a part of this new National Show just for Amateurs and Youth.

For more info, email us and get on our mailing list

[email protected].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have sent my email off and came over here to see if anyone was talking about it. I love the lazer measuring. That way even if some one has trained their horse to dip their back when something touches it (I know how some of those "over" horses were in the under classes), it won't feel the lazer coming across. Try and get around that! Hopefully they'll get hooked up with one registry or the other (I have a feeling AMHA won't go along with it tho) for it to count for points. I know I'd like to go and have at least one show that I don't have to compete with Lee C. in.

I thought more about this topic. What I would like to see is a new rating system for "Amateur". In My Opinion ONLY I would like to have a scoring system for amateurs. For example, if someone won 3 National Champion titles (AMHA or AMHR) they would no longer be able to show amateur. Or if they won 2 Halter and 2 Driving titles.

Ick, I don't like this idea at all. It penalizes those who work hard all year to show their own horses.... I WOULD love to see AMHR get an AOTE division, though!!

Karen, we were going to your Ammy/Youth show, just hadn't gotten our entries in yet. (We are last-minute enterers... heeheehee)

Luc

Latest posts

Back