Anyone have any experience shipping via UPS Freight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
I can't get into detail at this point, but this is about to drive me up the WALL!

Long story short...large item, paid for 1/2 down by check a good while back, check cashed, balance put on credit card(I have an EXCELLENT credit rating, NO issues w/ any of my credit cards, EVER)-amount paid included quote for packing/shipping...by June 26,item packaged, ready to ship from a business in a town in a fairly rural area. After delays when shipper dropped item off for packing and didn't check on progress
default_sad.png
, I'm finally notified that it is 'ready for shipping'. ...shipper arranged w/ UPS Freight for pickup (by a contract carrier). Shipper forwarded to me, email from rep at UPS Freight, to the effect of 'oh, we are so thrilled you are using UPS Freight,blah, blah...', then statement that pickup was scheduled for Monday, July 26 between 3-5 PM, and a number for the pickup:...here we are on Aug. 4, STILL no pickup! According to shipper, she was told that if truck runs out of time or gets full, too bad for you; latest 'promise' was that Fridays are 'light' days, it would be picked up last Friday....NOPE, wasn't.I have been in touch via email w/ the "Customer Service" number for UPS Freight...what a joke! When asked, they have NO explanation for why pickup hasn't occurred, and hasn't occurred, and hasn't occurred....

It's not as if UPS is expected to do this as a favor; it is a PAID-FOR service(and I use the term very loosely, since so far, NO 'service' has occurred!) I am having a hard time with such apparently UNPROFESSIONAL, IMO, conduct on UPS' part...and their lack of concern as to their contract carriers...am I off base? Another concern is that my card statement w/ the 'balance' charged to it has arrived and will soon be due to be paid...but I don't feel it would be very smart to pay it when I haven't received the merchandise! I always pay in full every month, do NOT wish to pay interest.

So...anyone w/ any experience with UPS Freight division? Any insights?

Margo

Ouch! What a pain, Margo.
default_no.gif

I think I'd let the charge go through then send the fraud department of my credit card company after them for refusing to render services you paid for. THAT should get them moving!

Leia

Are you sure that the problem is with UPS, and not that the seller just hasn’t actually contacted UPS? The pick-up order number—when you call UPS do they acknowledge that they do have that number in their system and there is a pick up actually scheduled, they just haven’t picked up for some unknown reason?

I don’t use UPS a lot and never at all when I am the one sending an item--here they don’t do pick ups, we have to take the parcel to the UPS store & drop it off-- mostly I have received items via UPS and have had no complaints at all with the service. Everything I’ve had shipped arrives very promptly.

Minimor--

I too have never had any problems w/ UPS per se. This is UPS' FREIGHT division, and yes, there was a pickup confirmation number, forwarded to me by the seller. When I called the UPS Freight Customer service number, they twice verified that they had that number in their system, and told me 'when' the item was scheduled for pickup by their contract carrier. Never happened-they seemed unconcerned; said they didn't know WHY it hadn't been picked up. Seems very odd to me, since the performance of the contractor reflects on them....why on EARTH offer a service when you don't give a hoot whether it is carried out or not?? Seller relayed that she was told that when such contract carriers 'run out of time', or fill up, before they get to where your item is...well, too bad for you! Then was told that 'Friday is a slow day', and item would be picked up last Friday...NOPE, wasn't--nor since.Seems to me to be a heck of a poor way to 'do' business...

I have been told that the item was left with a "UPS store" for packing/shipping on June 25, so you can see how long this has been going on.

Margo

Update, Monday, Aug.9:

When the pickup SUPPOSEDLY scheduled for last Friday didn't happen, the seller had a family member go and get my item(it was to be shipped from a local business, because the seller is in a rural area and no way would a freight item be picked up there), because the business was closed over the weekend and the item wasn't safe just 'sitting' there.She is now saying she 'thinks she might' take it to the nearest large city(a 200 mi. round trip!), directly to a UPS Freight terminal...but so far, no confirmation that this has been done.

This AM, I again called UPS Freight Customer Service; after the person there told me that the contract freight co. said they 'never got the fax' requesting a pickup, PERIOD (easy to say, but where is the PROOF???), I asked for a supervisor. He indicated an intent to 'open a case' on this whole mess,is contacting the entity responsible for notifying the contract carrier(the UPS Freight Terminal in Spokane), instructing them to call ME to tell me why the pickup never occurred. This ought to be good, since hardly any entity takes responsibility for ANY action in these times.....

Margo

Latest posts

Back