Anyone familiar with the old Star Lake show carts?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
I am looking into one of the older starlake show carts. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with them and had any input.

Anyone know if they were made by an independant individual or one of the existing companies. Please let me know if you have had any experience with these carts.

My experience, with a gentleman that I was teaching to drive after training his mare, and who bought what I recall was a 'show cart' from the company mentioned, was that although it superficially appeared quite similar to a Jerald, when in use, the axle actually 'bowed' downward from this man's weight; you could really see it from a rear view, as the wheels(it was an 'open axle' style)actually canted inward at the top! The gentleman was not at all unusually large in size/weight for an adult male, either.

The 'finish' was also poor on this particular cart. As a result, I would personally not recommend the 'brand' for purchase. I don't know who built it for the company selling it, nor do I know anything about any other style or particular individual cart from this company...but DO know that I myself wouldn't choose to buy one, based on this personal experience.

Margo

Latest posts

Back