Anyone else having the end of year paperwork fun?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Well I think I've finally completed all my outstanding paperwork for 2006 at least the registries! I have a couple of the local clubs to send in paperwork for - what a job!

29 DNA/PQ reports for AMHR, 4 stallion reports for both registries, 1 AMHA to AMHR stallion, a few temp to perms, a couple of new foals and one yearling that never has been registered, 3 requests for DNA, membership, magazine, ammie cards, and I'm sure I missed something!!!

Besides all the paperwork for AMHA/AMHR - I'm having mild sticker shock - ouch!

I figured it out tonight, I've paid for at least 60+ DNA/PQ tests over the past few years (10 to go!), as well as double registered almost all our herd (3 horses left to add AMHR papers) and started adding PtHA on a few too. Now feeling very broke, I at least have a sense of accomplishment as it's not December 31st!!!

The worst part, and one of my New Year's Resolutions (the same one every year!) TAKE GOOD PHOTOS IN THE SUMMER when the horses look like horses! I hate sending in fluffy yak photos for permanent papers - but I'm having to do that again this year - not good!!!

Good job Michelle! :aktion033: :aktion033: At least yours are done......Kathi's still working on hers. :eek: I only had the stallion reports to do for 3 registries and all the membership renewal stuff. My next rainy day project is getting the "books" in order......which I swore I was going to keep up to date on this year and haven't. :no:

Well I sent in my membership for AMHR, my stallion report for both AMHA and AMHR, my registration forms for my 2006 mini filly for AMHA/AMHR(got back her papers for both already), my transfer for my yearling filly for AMHR(got back already) and to register her for AMHA(still waiting for that, paperwork problem which has been sorted out) and my transfer for my AMHR stallion(still waiting to get his papers back). Just need to send in for DNA test for both AMHA and AMHR for my stallion but will do that after the new year. :aktion033:

I've already wrapped up my paperwork for the year. Of course, there wasn't "a lot" to do. I had to file for Flirt's AMHA's and Hope's AMHA transfer, get those papers back and then "Hardship" the two into AMHR off those AMHA's. I also had to file for Treasure's AMHR's and do her AMHA transfer and color correction. Waiting on her AMHA's, but they are on the way now from AMHA via the UPS envelope I sent with my papers on her.

I'm curious since Treasure was born palomino and has turned arab grey, with dark lower legs and grey mane / tail, if they AMHA will "replace" her first foal pictures on her papers when they correct the color, or if her original palomino foal pictures will stay? I'm interested to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
29 DNA/PQ reports for AMHR
Is this a new requirement for AMHR??
default_wacko.png
:

I think I've got all my paperwork done. Stallion reports on 3 stallions in two registries. All registrations, transfers done. Most advertising done and paid for for the upcoming year. All club dues, local ads done. AMHA and local Futurity nominations done. Sure hope I haven't forgotten anything!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

okay i hate all of you lol just kidding
default_smile.png

im behind as usual. im never behind on stallion reports etc but behind on transfers and hardshipping

Michelle you sound like me! Well ok I don't have quite the volume that you have, but still. I sent off the AMHR transfers (4) yesterday so I didn't have to try to get pictures done of all the furry beasts (hopefully I'm correct in that the picture thing starts Jan 1st for AMHR
default_wacko.png
: ). I sent off membership stuff last week (oh and AMHA/AMHR stallion reports for one boy)....and now I just have ...

4 weanlings to register

1 yearling to register

2 DNA request

5 transfers for AMHA (and all those pictures)

But I too have the new years resolution of getting my paperwork in order and keeping on top of it this time. I say that almost every year - maybe this will be the year I actually DO IT!

Is DNA/PQ a requirement for AMHR?????

:new_shocked: After righting two checks for $200 each I am thinking that these registrys are getting out of control. I am a small breeder with a herd of 12 and with stallion reports, registering babies, and brining temporary to permanant I think Ill go broke!! I really hope this is all worth it! :new_shocked:

default_wacko.png
: I think Tina and I at Sam Hill Farm are about going nuts... I know she has all her R papers done for her horses but we still have to do A papers on everyone that was born this year. I should be getting my weanling colts A and R papers back soon. We sent those about 2-3 weeks....Regular mail was super slow..But anyhow my paper work is done..I just have to help out with Tina's and the hardest part avout her papers and what not...Is that she needs horses measured and photographed?? I think we are going to have all that done soon though. Too much rain this way to even get everyone cleaned up and photographed...Late fees might have to apply for her

As I'm reading everyone's replys for some reason the "12 days of Christmas" song keeps running through my head! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back