ANY ONE HERE FROM..... ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh, that sure is a beautiful place!

We just sold TWO MORE minis to some folks in Big Sandy, Montana who own a 14,000 acre farm. I tried to tell them that there are some nice breeders in their state, but they wanted a Wisconsin mini from the crazy woman from Dun Painted Ranch. They'll be driving her in December and spending the night....how fun is that?!

Cindy

saludando.gif
Me, I'm from Montana. I live in Northeastern Montana; about 40 miles from Canada and 100 from North Dakota. We are smack dab in the middle of nowhere.
biggrin.gif

I am from the beautiful state of Montana. You know Montana is huge and has a lot of different terrain in it from prairies to our big beautiful mountains. We live in the South Easterm part where the weather is more mild than the Northern part of the state....but there really is something for any one. If you ever come to visit this way, do stop in for a cup of coffee or iced lemonade. We love to talk horses. Mary

I've never been there but a friend of mine used to live there, and loved it, I've heard it's beautiful.

Montana is one of the nicest states I have ever had the pleasure to visit. I have a few friends who have HUGE ranches, also a good friend who just sold her boarding-training stable not far from me, moved there and is training. I have sold 3 miniatures to Kami B. (Sun-Prairie Ranch) who raises Quarter horses and Morgans, for her young children to enjoy.
yes.gif
I also have a rescue donkey from that state who is quit the character,
wub.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
yes.gif
his name is Earl, and he is a standard. To know him is to love him!
wink.gif
yes.gif
Corinne

Oh my goodness - Beautifull Montana - some day I would like to visit there. But for now I will just enjoy Corinne's beautiful "Earl." Oh that boy is a big ol lover! If I could get my hands on that one...shhhhhhhhhhh
rolleyes.gif
wub.gif
wink.gif

I'm from Montana!! I've lived here my whole life and love it! I was born in Bozeman Montana and now live in the Bitterroot Valley south of Missoula... take a look at my Mom's website, Isabel Gardens, on the home page is a view of our front yard! My mom, my grandparents and I all live on the same farm. It's a family affair!! If you are ever here, please stop by! We love visitors...
yes.gif

I, too, live in northeastern Montana on the high plains, roughly 10 miles south of the Canadian border as the crow flies. HC Miniatures and I live less than 25 miles apart by road, just a short drive out here. We both enjoy LB enormously!

Most people NOT familiar with our state tend to think of it as mountainous everywhere. Not so. The topography is quite diverse.

We think of our area as "treeless mountains", and it is quite beautiful. The colors are amazing, and the golden clarity of the light is an artist's dream. (Truly hope no one discovers this fact and turns us into another artistic colony like what happened to Taos, NM).

One of the charming features is the LACK of dense population. It is a trade-off for the lack of convenience. The nearest grocery store is 30 miles to the east, and the two I frequent are 70 miles southwest of here. Too, the nearest Wal-Mart store is in another state, 160 miles from here, minimum.

There is a saying at the village 18 miles west of our place. "Opheim, Montana. It isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here". In fact, just two or three years ago, you could purchase teeshirts and sweatshirts there with that on them.

SuziB

Latest posts

Back