Any killer chilli recipes out there! ! !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi folks - we are having our 5th Annual Chilli Cook-Off here at work and I need something to "bring it home" - any sure-fire winners out there that any of you are willing to share? ? ?

Bring 'em on ! ! !
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Stacy

Our's is pretty simple. We use 1 lb stew beef and 1 lb boneless pork cut into small peices. Brown with one large onion. Then drain and add to a large pot we with

2 cans tomatoes and green chilies

1 large can crushed tomatoes

3 tbs of chili powder or more depending on flavor

1 tbs cumin

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbs coco powder

2 cloves crushed garlic

cover and let it simmer for several hours then add 2-3 cans of beans (black or kidney) I usually continue to simmer for a couple of more hours. I find I usually do not need to add salt, there is enough in the tomatoes and beans

I rarely measure so all amounts are approximate

Heres mine, In a large skillet, brown a pound of ground beef and a pound of hot itilan sausage, when browned add one tbls. of flour, one tbls. of sugar and coat with hot chili powder. ( usually use McCormack texas style) mix well. IN the mean time, I use my own homemade canned tomatoes but you can use any other canned tomatoes, put them in the food processer and pura put that in the slow cooker. In another skillet sauta some chopped onion, two jeulpiono peppers, ( not sure of the spelling here) and one red pepper, hot. Add to the tomatoe sauce, then add the meat, drain your dark red kidney beans, add them, slow cook as long as you need to. Taste if not to your tasting add more chili spice, This recipe is a winner. I've fixed this for a trail riding club that likes to ride in Dec. and it is a winner, give it a try.

Latest posts

Back