any ideas on a name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatonkas Dream

Reaction score
Hello All

I thought I'd post here to see what ideas some of the more creative people might have just the right name for the newest member of my family (currently a foster)

He's a rottie puppy and the vet thinks he's 6-9 mths old. His issues that we can piece together - whomever had him fed him so poorly for long enough that he is a mini rottie he will never get to the avg male big old boy rottie size (he'll be a med size) he's currently just abit bigger than the boston terrier. Abuse at some level as he's very skittish and does much better if I sit or kneel vs stand. he won't go thru a doorway with me anywhere near it (am opening my door and walking away then he comes in and I attempt to close it before he runs back out)

Add to that the WORST for last he was at least set on fire (his whole topline all the way down his back and top of his head) and poss the vet thinks he was also chemically burned as well.

He is not agressive at all scared to death but not showing any signs of fear biting or going postal on me or the other dogs - is standoffish abouth the horses

SLOWLY we are making progress but its slow the first day I cried, the 2nd day I cried and yesterday afternoon he felt comfortable enough to put his paws in my lap while I was on the couch and lick my face... I again cried at a dog's willingness to forgive.

He's also very lucky as far as his rescue is concerned. He was found as a stray in San Antonio (held for his 5 days and lucky had a staffer who fell for him and had additional luck in finding the plano shelter (apx 300 miles) willing to take him in, and even more luck in that ?? people were willing to participate in the animal train (transport each person commits to "x" miles) transfers to next guy so on til dog is where it needs to be... usually goes better as most people aren't willing to and cant afford to comit to 6 hrs drive but find 6 people willing to do an hr kinda thing

So any ideas???

Oh, that poor dog. I about cried as I read your post. People can be so cruel. :-(

I'm glad he gets to have a happy rest of his life now. :)

I don't have a name idea for your dog, but I am sure you will find a special, perfect name for him, which he deserves.

The show Survivor is in China this year... what about China? Or Victor?

I was thinking Sarge, short for Sergant. I've probably watched too much Gomer Pyle shows lately, because that is the first name that came to mind. Or Trooper.

Thanks guys for all the sugestions and complements

he's such a sweet heart under all that scared little puppy... it's dieing to come out.

Slowly but surely we are getting there.

I've tenatively started calling him Kyle... not sure if that's it yet.

I've never named a dog after a person but Kyle was a friend that passed away from cancer last year. He in some ways is alot like this little guy - ruff around the edges - 'looks' big and bad but is a softie and a lover not a fighter personality.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back