Any goat breeders?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
I used to breed goats many years ago and just recently got back into it. Looking forward to some fresh milk!

I have a Nubian and a Lamancha. The Nubian has kidded several times but this is the first for my lamancha. Both are bred to a nigerian for minis. Both about 3-4 weeks bred.

I have a question, my Lamancha has just been a wee bit off the last 2-3 days. She is eating, but not as much and seems a bit mopey. She is drinking fine, eyelids fine, poop normal... Almost as if she has morning sickness...

Has anyone experienced this in their does?

I don't have any advice but was hoping someone would chime in here with some for you. We had a pair of little Brier goats gosh 35 years ago now for pets only. I would like a few, we need something to put in our pastures so we don't have to mow quite as much. For the last year I've been back and forth in my head.... goats or sheep, goats or sheep.....food, wormer, care, versus diesel fuel. Still have not decided.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably unrelated to the pregnancy, I would keep an eye on her for other signs of illness. It's not uncommon this time of year for them to get a little off from a virus, or could be something she ate. Keep close eye for bloa too, that can start minor and faster you treat it the better.

I would watch to make sure she is eating, going off feed from another illness could cause loss of pregnancy,it is also a sign of pregnancy toxemia, but that typically happens late in gestation.

There is also a chance she is not bred and will be cycling again, 3-4 weeks is around the time it can happen.

Thanks yall... That is exactly what it turned out to be. She started to get a nasty nose, and we started anti b's. She had caught a shiver as a windy wet cool front moved in.

Thankfully she is much better already... and in heat again
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back