Anxious but excited!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickysminis

Reaction score
Hi

Some of you may have seen my previous post 'in a bit of a panic'. Well my maiden mare (Bagpuss) is definatley in-foal and so is her mother (Bubbles), both unplanned babies by the same colt (Sly - Sly by name Sly by nature
default_wink.png
).

I am quite excited to be having 2 babies this year, due, i believe, around 12 April and although i'm not too worried about the older mare Bubbles as she has had several foals before, i am quite anxious about my maiden mare Bagpuss, but i will just keep my fingers crossed for a safe delivery.

The one thing i have noticed which is different between these 2 mares is that Bagpuss' foal seems to be alot more active,so much so that i have seen her whole body move when the foal moves, which she does not look impressed about! i have seen both foals kicking and moving at feed times, but there is alot more of it from her foal than Bubbles', is this because shes a maiden? or does she just have a more active foal? Can movement like this help predict if its a colf or filly?

Thanks

Nicky

I don't it's a way to tell if it's a filly or colt...ya gotta wait for the surprise!!

This difference should be interesting for you to observe..... However, I would also take into account the difference in their conformation. Sounds like an exciting adventure!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back