Another scammer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Here's another email addie to watch out for tied to financial scams....................

Hello , I am Greg Mccann, I'm interested in the purchase of your Horse advertise for sale, I will like you to get back to me if it is still available for sale and tell me more about the Horse and if possible, i would like to know the reason why selling it and i will like you to tell your best offer for it. Warm regards, Greg Mccann

Sender Information

Name: Greg Mccann

Email: [email protected]

Phone: NA

IP Address: 172.191.244.117

Ah, didnt know there was a list.... and to top it off, I got a SECOND email from these guys already - a repeat of the first one

It really is just annoying... most of us now a days don't fall for them anymore so it a wonder they keep trying.

I got one from them recently and I sold the horse months ago...you would think the english would be written better to make it more believable

I have never received a request from any of the scammers where they spelled the words correctly.

For me this is a give away that they are scamming...

I have a question.... Besides the bad spelling.... how else do you know if it is a scammer or not?

Thanks

I have a question.... Besides the bad spelling.... how else do you know if it is a scammer or not?Thanks

We've had our share along the way. some other signs are when they ask the "condition of the item" - it's a live animal for heaven sake, not an item. They don't ask any questions about it at all - no request for pictures - a good one is when they state they can have it picked up at your front door - especially after they tell you they are overseas LOL

After a few you'll start getting wise to it.

I will offer one suggestion though - food for thought - always be nice and friendly and it's better to not reply at all than to be rude and insulting - you never ever know when the person on the other end is for real and you made a bad judgement call - oops, that's not good. LOL If you don't reply, and they are for real - they'll try you once more. Or you can reply with an answer that you know is a test of their intentions - but don't risk loosing a potential sale by assuming if you have any doubt whatsoever in how to interpret their contact.

Back