another scam?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmh

Reaction score
Has anyone been contacted by a person calling himself Mark Pearson with the e-mail address [email protected] if you have horses for sale?

I smell a scam going on and wanted to see if anyone else had e-mails from this person.

He only wants to send a certified check, he did not want to do a wire transfer as I requested. (first red flag)

He never asked for additional photos, the pedigree, photos of the foals produced, etc. (second red flag)

I thought ok I will play his little game, I told him I needed his physical address for the health/coggins papers in preparation for transport. Hmmm interesting enough he e-mailed back and said after he sends the certified check next week, THEN he will give me his address. Kind of odd, don't ya think?? I wrote back stating no Coggins or health papers will be done until I see the cash in my account via wire transfer.

Needless to say I have not heard back from him.....go figure.

Steph

Well, it certainly smells fishy but, at the end of the day, if he sends you a cheque and the cheque clears before you do anything.......

But then, if you do not know who he is and where he lives, would you want to sell to him, even if he were on the level?

Latest posts

Back