another question on milk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
Alright, first day, milk was clear/very sticky/no taste. Second day clear to amber/ salty/sticky. Third day same in AM, this afternoon,clear,cloudy white, no taste. Whats your best guess on time now? Bag has been full and hard all 3 days. I was just wanting a few opinions, no testers here available. Pleassssssse tell me soon, I'm soooooo tired.
default_wacko.png
:

Well - the correct answer would be... in an hour or two... or a week.

Only the mare knows the correct answer....

I have never tasted it...

But I would not go far or take my eyes off her.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well - the correct answer would be... in an hour or two... or a week.

Only the mare knows the correct answer....

I have never tasted it...

But I would not go far or take my eyes off her.
default_wink.png
:

Ditto on all of above....... the tasting part is interesting. Have to try that.
default_unsure.png
:

MA

Watching her now, I swear she is sitting on the wall laughing at me! I rechecked it this early evening and it is already alot whiter and very thick.

For me when the milk turns white, I say you will have a baby in the next 24 hrs.

Yes I agree when it turns white is is usually within 24 hours......of course I had one that drew that out to 48 hours!!! But when it is white.......it will be soon!

I have never tasted it........that is interesting!LOL
default_wink.png
:

I do believe it goes to a sweet at the end. Someone please correct me if I'M wrong.

Never heard about the milk going sweet, but that would surly stink if it wernt a signof foaling and you were just tasting your mares milk! :eek:

But Stickiness is a real good sign that your mare will go soon
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back