Another filly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korinne

Reaction score
This little lady arrived last Thursday...almost 2 weeks early. Her mamma gave no indication she was about to foal...just made a couple circles, laid down, and out popped this little fireball. :aktion033:

I need some color help. Her legs have some silver on them and her tail as well. She has a dorsal strip, jet black mane, and two blue eyes. Her dam is a dapple grey...her sire a solid sorrel.

May72006008.jpg
default_wub.png
:

May72006005.jpg
default_wub.png
:

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Let the colour experts help you.
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your beautiful little filly! :aktion033: She looks Bay to me. The silvery hairs on the lower legs & sides of the tail are common on bay foals.
default_yes.gif
:

She's adorable!

I suspect she may turn into a silver bay. It's the rust in her ears and the lighter coloring around her muzzle and her eyes that hint at what color she'll be.

MA

I think she is Black- I have a Silver sired filly the exact same colour and I am pretty sure that is what she is.

There may be Pangaré in there which is confusing the colour.
default_yes.gif
:

What a PRETTY foal, congratulations.

Thanks everyone...we are very pleased with all our foals this year!! This little filly, our daughter named her Misty, is such a fireball and soooo much attitude. It was raining yesterday, and her mamma didn't take her to the barn so I picked her up , all 18.5 inches of her and carried her to the barn. As soon as I set her down she started kicking at me with both back feet :eek: . she connected right across my fingers...I thought she broke the little finger :new_shocked: , boy did that hurt....but no damage done. She is small but mighty.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back