Quantcast

Another dilema

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Tobey

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern WI
I have someone that offered to buy a mini from me last week. We were emailing back and forth almost daily. She gave me an offer, I counter offered 5 days ago. I haven't heard back. In the meantime I have someone else interested. How long do I wait to hear back from the first buyer or do I just sell to the second one and don't wait?
I let the second buyer know what was going on. I emailed the first buyer again and asked her decision.
 
K

kaykay

Guest
i just had this same thing happen. Only i gave the first buyer almost 30 days. I tried to be patient because they were going on vacation etc. But after 5 weeks with no firm answer i went ahead and sold her to someone else. I hated to do it and the first buyer was really sad that they didnt get her --- but as much as we all hate it business is business. I just simply could not wait any longer. I hate when this happens because you feel like you are pressuring the first buyer when you really arent. (you know the old "i have someone else looking line")

But i have learned this the hard way when i am buying. Missed out on a couple nice horses because i took too long. If you find a horse you like buy it. Because if you like the horse chances are someone else is looking and liking too LOL
 

minimomNC

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
2,712
Reaction score
65
With no firm deals in place and you emailed again to let the first buyer know what was going on, I would give them until Monday and if the second buyer has the money and still wants the horse, sell it. If you are satisfied with both homes then it would come down to who pays first. Good luck and I hope it works out well for you.
 

Songcatcher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
1
Location
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
I have recently had someone interested in a horse of mine. Tons of emails back and forth. Lots and lots of pictures and two videos sent. I had been holding off on running another ad for this filly, but had another inquiry on her from my Sales Page. The first looker has really been dragging feet, but still says she is "really interested" but no committment. If someone else makes an acceptable offer, I feel I have waited long enough on the first looker.
 

Miniv

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
12,747
Reaction score
677
Be upfront with BOTH parties and tell them there is another interested person...... but that nothing is definite yet. Once you've informed each of them, whichever is the first to send you a deposit is the buyer.

I should add here that, this is only if both parties seem like equally good homes for your horse.

MA
 

ChrystalPaths

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2003
Messages
8,277
Reaction score
1
Money talks and the horse walks. I usually tell my buyers if there is 2 interested in the horse. I tell them I will provide all pics, peds and contract. It is up to them if they want the horse to say so. If they made an offer and you countered it and they haven't responded I'd say they're not interested anymore. Go with the second buyer while at the same time emailing the first buyer to say you have another inquiry and if you don't hear back asap they miss out on your horse.
 
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

Guest
well personally if it were me I would call write once more and say I have someone willing to pay for the filly now. I am going to give you 24 hours to make a choice since you were interestred in her first but if I dont hear from you I will assume you are no longer interestred. Thanks..

and then 24 hours later I would sell the filly to the 2nd buyer
 

Jean_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
383
Location
Amery, Wisconsin
Unless a buyer says, "Send me a contract" I do not consider them to be a serious buyer.....so if someone comes along in the middle of negotiations that seem to be going nowhere - I'll sell it to the other guy. Money talks....BS walks.

Once someone asks for a contract - I mail it out with a "drop dead" date... meaning that if they don't get it back to me within 2 weeks, it is null & void. If I get any inquiries about the horse during that 2 week period, from past experience I do not consider the horse to be sold. BUT I do tell the people inquiring that I have a PENDING offer and if they don't respond with a signed contract and non-refundable deposit by the drop dead date, I will get back to them.
 

Latest posts

Top