Another Appy Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
We had another appaloosa colt born 2 days ago. It is extremely cold out and rainy so he is stuck inside. I took these pictures with my cell phone and the lighting is poor (which is why he has demon eyes in all of his pictures) so I apologize again for posting more poor quality pictures. But, I couldn't wait to share.

Sire is our leopard stallion, Preacher. His dam is an Iowas Little Kernel granddaughter that is also GMB bred. This boy got his dams amazing head.

So without further ado, O Henrys Til the World Ends

051411114318.jpg

051411114523.jpg

2011-05-14_10-22-50_289.jpg

And giving kisses, he's such a doll

2011-05-14_10-21-58_926.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice colt, and love his head!! Is he a bay or buckskin? Congratulations!!

Pam

Thank you everyone! He is bay, but is very light at the moment. Diane, I can't wait to clip him! I believe he will be a near leopard. You can't see in the pictures, but he has white hairs on his face (not just the star or the light muzzle, but white patches here and there) and a few dark spots. He also has white in his baby fuzz up to his shoulders from what I can see in the dark barn. I'm so very happy with the foals we've had this year
default_smile.png

He is really nice- easily seen even in not so good pics! He is nice all over- like the angle of his shoulder and the shape of his neck, with his pretty head on top! This will be a nice one for sure.
default_aktion033.gif
Congrats!

I am so happy to see the quality of appy foals being born the last couple of years. Your two are fine examples of appy breeders working toward not just color but conformation.

Congradulations!

Thank you very much everyone! He is so nice, but I think my favorite thing about him is that even from day 1 he was a big mush. I'm still working on my other babies.

Little Notra (short for Notradamus) got to play outside today and I took a few new pictures. He still needs to do some unfolding, but I really like how refined he is.

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

That white spot on his neck in the second to last picture is not a bite mark (that's what I thought at first) but is a tuft of white hair peaking out from his baby fuzz. He has white under his baby fuzz everywhere! More than I had originally thought so I believe he is definitely a near leopard
default_smile.png

Thanks again everyone for your very kind words!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I love both your appy colts!!! Gorgeous! Starting with a momma like that, it is no wonder. Will be exciting to see these boys mature.

Latest posts

Back