#2 foal, appy colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is also a good idea with appys to put on a fly mask during the day to protect their eyes from the sun. I didn't want you to think I was saying there was anything wrong with your baby, just the opposite, just knowing that the snowcap patterning of appy is night blind and if your baby is snowcap, you would want to be aware so you didn't think something was wrong with your baby should you notice behavior associated with limited vision at night. In other words, if he is nightblind it is expected for his color type and not a big deal. I remember my breeder telling me about light level to be able to read a book by, and I remember setting up my my lights and taking my book out there to see if I could see the words. I am such a geek.

Appy folks love those snowcaps because they throw color in their foals. I am not an appy breeder, but I love the breed. They are so funny and quirky in personality. I love them. take care and your baby is adorable.

Latest posts

Back