Another Abortion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orkie

Reaction score
I had my first mini mare abort yesterday morning. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! In all of the years of breeding this was my first and oh so very devastating!
default_no.gif
She is one of my favorites and she had a black pinto filly at that.....GRRRR! Everything appeared fine but I guess there was just something that wasn't right.
default_no.gif

On a much more positive note the mare is doing just fine and I'm very glad for that. I would also like to just say THANK YOU to Donna Trieber from Trieber Mini Ranch for sending me such a nice mare who would have had an outstanding filly at her side in just about a month.

Sorry for all the sad faces but thats just how I feel now.

Sorry to hear about your filly but glad your mare is ok.

So sorry you lost your baby!

Glad Mama is fine though..

Sending (((HUGS))) your way...

default_frusty.gif
Thank you all for your kind words. I thought I should be taking my frustration out of the keyboard.

Oh, I'm so sorry. That is just a kick in the middle isn't it? It HURTS!

I'm thankful your little mare is ok and I hope you can find your enthusiasm returning in the weeks ahead.

Charlotte

p.s. just a quick question for my own education. Had the mare received any vaccinations recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry!!!!
default_crybaby.gif

I know that hurts a Lot. {{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry this happened to you too. On Saturday, my first miniature foal was born premature. She was a beautiful buckskin filly. After two short breaths she died. I'm glad your mare is doing okay.

Keep your chin up!

Debbie

default_no.gif
my heart goes out to your and your mare.We feel your pain, we had two mares abort eariler this year and one last year.We tested the mares and foals nothing. The only one we had a answer on was a colt got twisted.It is very heart breaking.

So sorry for the loss of your little filly, my prayers go out to you, I'm so glad the mare is doing well.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We have mini horses and donks. Our first equine birth 8 years ago was a donkey jenny who was at term but the foal was malpositioned. The vet worked so hard trying to turn it but it took too long and the perfect jenny was born dead. It was awful. Our two boys were 8 and 11 and I woke them up to come out to the barn and quietly peak through stall to see the birth and it went so badly. After leaving the foal in with the mama for an hour so she would see that it was dead before we took it away, they helped me dig a grave and bury the beautiful little thing. She was the only critter bred so it was a long time until the next year when she foaled with no problems and we had our first live birth. Since then we have had two more donkeys born and two mini horse foals born okay. So don't give up. Things do get better...

Awww that's rotten, I'm so sorry you lost her ! Thankfully your mare sounds like she is doing well tho!

Latest posts

Back