Announcement regarding Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow aka "Spirit"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

It is with great pleasure and a warm heart that I annouce that my precious stallion, Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow aka "Spirit" will spend the 2010 breeding season with two wonderful LB forum members!

Spirit is being co-leased by Julie A Miller / Creta Hills Farm and Robin and Karrel Olmstead / ROKO Miniature Horses. Spirit will be standing at Creta Hills Farm in Eldorado, OK.

For those that are not familiar with Spirit, he is a 31-31.5" solid perlino stallion who has close to 30 foals to his credit with almost half being exported outside of the US. He also produces almost 70% fillies and is homozygous for both black and agouti so he only produces Buckskin, Perlino or Smokey Cream foals. Spirit's foals have beautiful heads, nice length of neck, big movement and are very well balanced. His foals are owned and loved by some of the best farms here is the US, Canada and abroad.

Spirit is sired by National Champion/World Reserve Champion Senior Stallion Ten Ls Echos Captive Spirit (owned by Ten L Training), who is sired by World GRAND Champion Senior Stallion Little Kings Buck Echo (owned by Little King Farm) who we all know is sired by World GRAND Champion Senior Stallion/4X World Champion Get of Sire Boones Little Buckeroo (also owned by Little King Farm). Spirit's dam is a gorgeous golden buckskin mare named French Broads Strike the Gold.

Although I was very humbled by all the inquries I had when I announced he would be available for lease, I am extremely pleased to have selected Julie and Robin! They are both wonderful ladies and I know will treasure Spirit and treat him very well.

Please join me in congratulating them!

spirithalterwebpjb5nohalter2.jpg

Spirit should arrive in OK around mid-May or earlier if possible.

Last edited:
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Thank You so very much Parmela!!!!!!

I can't even express how happy and grateful I am to be allowed the opportunity to have Spirit come visit Creta Hills Farm. It is litteraly a dream come true for me.

I remember when Parmela bought him in 2008 and wishing that I had had the means to buy him then. At the time I remember thinking how rare an opportunity it would be to have a horse like Spirit and I never dreamed that I would get the chance to find one like him for myself.

But now I have recieved an oportunity just as wonderful. To be able to have Spirit vist me this summer and someday own some of Spirit's get. Maybe even a little colt just like him to carry on his bloodlines here in OK.
default_yes.gif

Everyone who knows me, knows that I consider Robin one of my best friends and she has been my mentor. Together she and I are going to select several of our own mares to breed to Spirit. But she will also be helping me to select any outside mares for him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is too cool! Way to go ladies. You will have awesome babies!
default_wub.png

WOW what a great opportunity for Creta Hills and ROKO, fantastic. So happy for both of you and also StarRidge for being able to lease her boy to fantastic people. Big congrats and wishes for all those buckskin fillys next year!!!!!!!!

Now I know who the lucky people are!! Congratulations!!! What a fantastic opportunity for you.

You are Both very lucky ladies!!!! I will have Art bring me over so I can druel over him when he gets here Robin...Congrats to both of you!

What wonderful news!! Congratulations to our very special forum members. Spirit will certainly be well cared for and loved. I have admired Spirit so much!! I wish we were closer so I could breed mine to him!

Robin

I'm still pinching myself! I can't believe how blessed I am!

I have admired Spirit for years!
default_wub.png

I have also admired Parmela too
default_yes.gif

Jules is such a dear, treasured friend and I'm thrilled that together we have this chance to have this gorgeous boy here! I'm so excited!!

I want to thank Parmela very, VERY much! You are one special lady!
default_wub.png

And thank you Jules! We'll have to do a happy dance when you come over!

I would like to add...........

[SIZE=36pt]WHOOO HOOOO!!!!![/SIZE]

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Congratulations to all of you! Spirit is a gorgeous boy and I'm sure that his foals for Robin and Julie will be, as well.
default_aktion033.gif

Wow, congratulations to his lucky lessees!! HOW in the world did I miss him being available for lease?? Gosh, I would have leapt at the chance to bring him here for my mares!

Looking forward to see the pretty babies he makes for Creta Hills and REO
default_wub.png

That's wonderful. Congratulations to all the lovely ladies involved.
default_wub.png

Hey girlfriends, I am feeling a lil left out here! I now my mind has been consumed with the death and reincarnation of Rita. But we are going to have to talk about Ms Ivy coming for a visit
default_wub.png

And maybe Nort coming for a visit, since you guys are smitten with a new man
default_wink.png

Very happy for you both, love you!

Where is Spirit now? We have a daughter and a son of his that we love... Would love to know where he is now...

Thanks,

Kari

I have a 3 year old daughter, ready to be hooked to the cart when I find time. She is also a very popular 4-H project mini, shared by our Club President and a special needs member. Seems like Spirit has foals all over the US.

Message me privately as I don't know if we are allowed to post people's names. I saw the ad for him on Facebook. He's for sale by private treaty.

He's up for sale and is in Nevada. I have a son of his too.
We know and we're jealous! Your boy, Ariel, is a full sister to Tiger who belongs to Toni... Unfortunately, she didn't get the quality feed she needed before we got her so her conformation isn't the greatest. (She has a roached back that comes and goes.) She also colicked very badly last year when we moved out here to Tucson and has never fully recovered her vitality... She has already colicked again this year and we have to carefully monitor her every day to make sure she's well-hydrated. We have her on senior feed and Bermuda hay.

We're not sure if we will breed her next year when she reaches 3 years old next year... Is a nutritional roached back hereditary?

P.S. I did find Spirit during a search yesterday...

Latest posts

Back