Annie has clear, sticky fluid

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Ok, here we go. Annie, my buckskin mare that is bred to Crunch, has clear, sticky fluid from her teats. Kay came over and checked her and stripped it for me to check. Anyone want to take a guess at when this foal (filly dreamin') will be born? I am just soooo excited! Finally, I will have a foal!

Fran

Hello, I have no idea when she will foal as my mare has had clear to amber fluid since end of march. She was sold to me stating she was pasture bred and due for april, well guess not as we still have no foal. She is however in the last week making a bag and everyday it gets bigger and harder, but still clear to amber color fluid not tacky sticky but sugar water sticky. She has been very huge since dec. i am burnt out as im sure she is. good luck. nikki

Well, her bag is hard and was told she was due May-June. I have two others as you described, Nikki. Told one was due February and one March. Then was told the second one was bred May through June. Both still pregnant. So I am excited with this one. I have been mare staring since March. I am getting grumpy! Errr! LOL

Hey Fran, praying for a healthy, beautiful, buckskin filly for you. I'll wager a guess at 3 am tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

this mares bag is ROCK HARD and full which i have found to be a pretty good indicator. I suspect shell foal in the next 48 hrs but i could definately be wrong! hoping for a FILLYYYYYYYYYYY. cant wait to see a crunch baby

I am going to predict that your mare will foal in the next 6 hours, it's 10:00 p.m. here EST.

Sounds like you won't be getting much sleep tonight! Hope all goes well, I think 'The Day' has arrived!

:new_shocked:

Ugh! What a night!! Annie is very elongated and poofy. Very deep pink inside vulva. Waxed, sticky teats. Opaque milk. And she can barely walk. I think my little Hot Carona will make a landing today!! Woo hoo!

Fran

tell her aunt kay said wait until im back from the college LOL. wish i could come over and mare stare with ya. hopefully kennys appt wont take too long.

Oh I'm so excited you'd think it was mine. Well, like I said in the PM, it's like a coming attraction for me since my mare bred to the same stallion Crunch, is a full sister to yours. Recasting my vote since the last is now expired to 10:45 tonight.
default_smile.png
Hugs and prayers for a safe and easy delivery. I wish I was closer to mare stare with you too.

fran post the pic of her grasshopper legs lol. ive never seen anyone get a pic of it. surely shes gonna foal in the next few hrs??

LOL Ok! The milk is pouring out every now and then. Remember, Tami, pink tail wrap for girls! Kay started it!!

Fran

HPIM0208.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I say if she is dripping milk she will have it very soon. The last one I saw dripping milk foaled an hour later! Keep your eye on her, she may not wait till night fall!!! Let us know what she has!! Although I think I have heard buckskin filly mentioned in here somewhere!!!!

Oh, geesh! This can't keep going like this, can it?? Annie is still dripping milk, rubbing her legs and everything else in between. She is in no distress. I am so sleepy so I know she has to be as well. She has to go tonight, doesn't she??

Fran

hi honey

hang in there she has to foal soon!! im here with the phone next to me
default_smile.png
maybe shes waiting for night?? suns almost all the way down now!! welcome to the wonderful world of mare stare lol

[SIZE=14pt]Kay and Fran.... I wont tell you that my arab mare dripped milk for 6 days the ok?
default_wink.png
: Hope you have a baby tonight. Abby waxed in the am, dripped around 3 and foaled at 1210 am.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back