Andis AGC Super 2-Speed Clipper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnShadowsFarm

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new set of clippers that are fast and quiet. My old Laube's are wearing out
default_sad.png

(NOT interested in belt driven type...thanks anyway!)

Anyone familiar with the Andis AGC Super 2-Speed Clipper ???

Other suggestions...???

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of the older model super 2 speed Andies. They work quite well even do spring clips on some with them. Body clip for shows with them as well as heads and ears.

Wish they were a little faster and a little quieter. I am thinking of getting ta set of Laube next. Hoping they are a step up from Andies.

Mark

I have a pair. I have only used them to clip roys head but will be using them in a couple weeks to body clip. I like them
default_yes.gif
:

Before I bought my Double Ks, I only had a set of Andis AGC 2 Speed, and used them for 2 show seasons, clipping up to 3 horses all season. I found them really good, heat up a wee bit but no real problem. And although I love the speed & power of the Double Ks, the Andis are much less cumbersome to use, and I still have my set as a back up.

I am a professional dog groomer and bought a pair of Andis AGC super 2 speed for the grooming parlour. I found them a little different in the balance in your hand to the like of the Moser or Aesculap but liked the quiet running of the motor. I got used to the feel of them in my hand and then tired them on the horses for face and legs. They are extreemly quiet but the one thing I find is that if you use them on single speed the blades are fine but put them up to full speed and the blades get very hot in a short time, the actual machine itself does not heat up. I have done full clips with them on the horses when my bad wrist can't take the weight of the large clippers. They do work great and I would have no hesitation in buying another set or recomending them to anyone.

Regards, Mandy

Got em 3 yrs ago, I love em! The company is helpful, I sent them and the blades in to be cleaned and sharpened this year and they were affordable and fast! The clippers are lite weight and fit my small hand, that is arthritic and so it makes a big difference when I clip if I can do a whole horse or one in pieces.

I have had this kind of clippers for a couple of years and I like them. However, I bought Double K's early this spring, and like those much better. I still use the Andis AGC Super 2-Speeds for fast things like bridle paths, but it's the Double K's I wouldn't be without at this point.

We have 4 sets of the Andis 2-speed. We each use two sets when we are doing body clipping. Use one till is gets warm, then clean it and move to the other. We have done spring clipping on several a day for several days this way. Love them and wouldn't us others. They also fit nicely in my hand when I am having a bad hand day--which can be often. :bgrin

Angie

You don't like your Laubes??? I LOVE my Laubes (the Lazor ones) better than Double Ks... and at under $160 for them at www.kvvet.com they are very affordable.

I LOVE my Laube's too....my OLD ones that is! The never ones don't seem to work as well acording to nearly all my friend who I urged to get Laube's!!! I still want my Laube's, but am looking for a QUIET clipper for trims (to take the work load off my Laube's), especially on babies.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Hey Felicia:

We purchased a set of Laube 305 speed feed clippers to try following a recommendation from a friend. They are very quiet, easy to use, have a selector on the handle for various blade heights, and even those of us that aren't good at clipping can show off a nice job. We purchased ours on sale from dog.com in March and we've clipped all but one of our babies with them. Their great!

Dawn :saludando:

I have a pair of Andis 2 speed and we love them. I plan to purchase another pair this winter. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back