And now,........THE REST OF THE STORY,.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
Well,.....Let me tell you all this much,........The trip back home was VERY VERY crazy,.....going through Manitoba wasnt to awfully bad,.....except,...for almost running out of gas,.....and the next town was like century's away,...It was after 10 pm,....the ONLY gas station we could find was CLOSED,....but,...there was a house up behind the garage with the lights all on,..and the girls and I had to pee,..REALLY bad,.....soooo,..Fred went up and banged on the door,...and the guy said that he would come down in about 20 minutes and open up for us,...which was really nice,.....but,.....It was drizzling and really foggy,....and We couldnt sit in the van any longer,....The girls and I REALLY had to go!!!!!

Sooo,..We walked,...In circles around the gas pumps,...for like,...FOREVER!!!,.....trying to hold it in,...With Fred laughing at us,....Finally ,....about half an hour later,....The guy came down and apoligized,..saying that it took him longer then he realized to CHECK HIS BEAR TRAPS!!!!!!!

We coulda been eaten by a bear,.....before we even got to the bathroom!!!!!!!! :eek:

any way,...we went on our way again,......and I might add,......The hills in Ontario,.....are NOT HILLS!,...They are gigantic,...CLIFFS,...with Mad moose signs,...and FALLING (gulp) ROCK ,..signs,....EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

Soooo,....Most of us ,..still had our sanity,..by the time we hit Quebec,......(mainly,..Boo and J.D.) LOL

But,.....driving through Montreal at 4 in the morning quickly changed that!!!!!! GOODNESS!!!!!!

We found driving through Quebec,.....was VERY LONG,....and VERY ,...French,......you all shoulda seen me asking for coffee and bathroom priveliges,....somewhere through Quebec!

It was sad!!!!!,.......None of us knew ANY french,.....and hand actions for bathrrom is not pretty to see!!!!(I am sure that the poor gas attendent thought we were either insane or drunk!!!!!!

Then ,...We hit New Brunswick,.....and We were really glad to be out of the French speaking part of Canada,...but,.....Were we EVER wrong,......We didnt know that much of New Brunswick,...is FRENCH SPEAKING as well!!!!!

Then came Amherst and the WELCOME TO NOVA SCOTIA sign!

WE ALL CHEERED!!!,....BOO & J.D. went frantic,.....and the tempature gauge on the van finally starting working!!!!!!

I cried when I saw the first apple orchard,.....I cried when I saw more water then just a lake for the first time,......I cried at every town all the way here!!,.....Maybe ,..I was just overtired,....but,...who knows,....I thought,..YAYYYY,....No more,..Mad moose or Hateful Bear signs,.....no more ,...Sleeping in the van and listening to my daughters video games,..going BEPP,BEEP,BEEP!!,.....No more,.....falling rock signs,.....WE were HOME!!!!!!!!

Although,...coming through the valley,..I felt very CLAUSTROPHOBIC(sp?),....apperently,..after living on prairie land for 3 years,.....and seeing actually TREES,..covering the road on BOTH sides of you,..can do things to a person,.....LOL

All,...I know is ,.....NEVER AGAIN,....will I leave home for NO ONE!!!!!!!,....I dont care ,..If Fred wants to go to TIMBUCKTOO,.....

HE WILL GO IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :new_shocked:
default_smile.png

wow - that sounds exciting.

Welcome back! Glad you were not eaten up by bears!

:bgrin

I am so glad you are finally HOME :aktion033: WELCOME HOME :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: sounds like you had quit the ride to get there. I canjust imagine the gestures you would have to make to make a person understand you had to pee....and BAD...to funny! Corinne

I have never been in Canada and reading your post I thought I am right there.

Good writing, compliment.

Anita

Back