AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
Well I finally got Goat Hills One For The Books papers, sent them to AMHR to be transfered into my name. the lady I got him from never transfered him into her name but had signed the papers in buyer section, just had never sent them in. The lady she got him from had signed the seller part with date of sale. Anyway date of sale for her was January 1st, 2007, date of sale for me was September 14th, 2007. She signed a transfer form for me. She included a stallion report so that I could put my mares down and she had written down the mares she had bred to him when he was at her place. I included the stallion report with the transfers and appropriate fees to AMHR. The lady I got Booker from just e-mailed me to tell me that AMHR sent teh stallion report back to her and sent a letter that said she and I did not own Booker at time of breedings and that the person who owned Booker had to send one in. Hello, in 2007 he was owned by the lady I got him from and I, not anyone else. Had they looked at the transfers they would have seen this. I was told when you buy a stallion, the previous owner has to send a stallion report in, which is what we did. Anyway I e-mailed AMHR as I am not impressed.

Since the new buyer had not sent in the transfer, she did NOT legally own him according to AMHR. So they are correct in sending the paperwork back to the original owner.

They're just following the rules. I've never had any issues with them regarding paperwork.

Your not the only one having problems. I sold a mare on payments this spring, the foal was born at his mommas new home and wanted to get him registered, Mom is still in my name but not on my farm anymore so I filled out the papers, sent them to the buyer who added pictures of the foal and payment as the foal will be hers when the mare is paid for and sent them to AMHR. AMHR returned them to her saying she could not pay for a horse being registered to me without a letter from me (Why, the papers should come back to me anyway as the owner?!) So she sent all to me and I sent them in to AMHR with some other registry workon a seperate work order. So guess what...all the new and updated registration papers get sent back to her (the buyer) including all the paperwork on my horses!! Good thing she is a great person to work with, what a situation that could have been!!

You've lost me. I sent all the paperwork in and the AMHR sent the stallion report back to the lady I got him from, not the lady she got him from. So now I have to send another stallion report in once I get the papers back signed by the lady I got him from which is a bunch of horse poop. Once I get his papers back it will show that the lady I got him from owned him at time of breedings. If they can't read well then their is a problem.

All of my minis except one are registered with AMHR (most also have AMHA papers). I have never had a problem with AMHR and find them easy to work with and that they give fast service.

I read your post a couple times and I don't totally understand the sequence of ownership, and the paper trail, but papers must be UTD and the stallion owner of record at the time of service should sign the reports.

Any time paper work is not kept current, you should expect some head aches to get it all straightened out. Easy way to avoid it is to keep papers current.

stallion owner of record at the time of service should sign the reports
Since the lady you bought the stallion from had never sent in the papers, the original owner is the owner at time of service.

Here to make it easier for you.

Barbara sold Booker to Sandra and signed the registration papers and put date of sale January 1st, 2007. Sandra didn't transfer Booker into her name and I got him early spring with option to buy.

I had Booker here all summer and bought him September 14th, 2007. Sandra gave me his papers, a stallion report signed by her, and a transfer form signed by her.

I then sent the registration papers and fee to transfer Booker into Sandra's name, then the transfer form signed by Sandra and the approprate fee to transfer him into my name as well as the stallion report signed by Sandra with the mares he was with since January 1st, 2007.

So doesn't this make Sandra his owner at time of breedings since she had his papers signed by previous owner, just never transfered into her name but will be as soon as AMHR gets their act together and does it.

No it doesnt make her owner. She isnt the owner of a horse until its in her name. So yes they were right in sending them back. She should of transfered him when she got him, but she didnt. So then he should of been transfered first then stallion report done.

So doesn't this make Sandra his owner at time of breedings since she had his papers signed by previous owner, just never transfered into her name but will be as soon as AMHR gets their act together and does it.
No, AMHR isn't who needs to get their act together. From their books, she was NOT the owner at the time of breeding since the papers were not kept current as he changed hands. That is not AMHR's wrong doing.

Well that is pretty stupid and I don't know the rules of AMHR as I have no rule book. At least I know now for Spot not to send his stallion report in until I get his papers back. I plan to send them out monday but maybe I'll send them out today.

You've lost me. I sent all the paperwork in and the AMHR sent the stallion report back to the lady I got him from, not the lady she got him from. So now I have to send another stallion report in once I get the papers back signed by the lady I got him from which is a bunch of horse poop. Once I get his papers back it will show that the lady I got him from owned him at time of breedings. If they can't read well then their is a problem.
If his papework was current during breeding season none of this would have happened.

Well that is pretty stupid and I don't know the rules of AMHR as I have no rule book. At least I know now for Spot not to send his stallion report in until I get his papers back. I plan to send them out monday but maybe I'll send them out today.
These rules apply to AMHA as well.
default_yes.gif
: There's nothing "stupid" about it....all the Registries have to go on, is what is recorded in their office. As others have already said, this is why paperwork should ALWAYS be kept up to date. When it's not...it can create a paperwork nightmare. :eek:

I think I understand what Shana is saying, I have also had lots of trouble with AMHR about paperwork. If you send in the signed transfers with a date on it, thats the date you become the owner, thats the date AMHR will put on the papers for a transfer date no matter when you send them in. If you have all of the paperwork with the correct dates then it should be simple to do both transfers and take the stallion report at the same time, actually less work for the registry since it completes three transactions instead of one at a time. To me its common sense when you look at the dates. I have sent in paperwork to hardship a mare from A papers, register her foal and transfer it to a new owner with no problem, sometimes. Other times its like pulling teeth to get a simple transfer done. I actually had one of the ladies there argue about paperwork with me and she didn't have the correct horse. So I guess you have to send in transfers one at a time, then the stallion report so they can hopefully keep it straight.

I do believe you can download a copy of the rule book from their website. As a member they will also send you a rule book.

nope I don't think it's stupid, the transfer needs to be done when a horse changes hands for things to be current.

I don't understand why people do not keep up with the paperwork.

It's also why I will not buy a horse without current paperwork,

and mine only sell with current paperwork.

I don't think it is stupid either.............IF THE PAPERWORK HAD BEEN KEPT UP, NOTHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED

AMHR e-mailed me back. It was their mistake as transfers are one department and stallion reports are another and they did not put a note on Bookers stallion report saying the transfers were in processing in the other department.
default_wacko.png
:

I still stick to saying, keep the papers up to date, then NEVER a problem

There is nothing stupid about it, that is the rules and just how it is
default_smile.png

I bought a stallion earlier this year and the lady i bought him from had not yet send in a transfer to get him in his name. So before i bought him she sent in and got the transfer done and then sent the papers to me.

The woman you bought him from should have transfered the horse into her name before selling him and giving you the paperwork. You could have brought him home and then she sent in for the paperwork and got him in her name and then filled out a transfer for you and sent the signed over papers to you.

That would have took away allot of the confusion :eek:

I'm a paperwork nut, i keep registration papers in one binder all divided up mares/gelding/stallions and the other binder has transfers, work orders and amhr/aspc/amha paperwork in it.

I soooo agree, keep up your paperwork and stay organized and you should not have this problem agian
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back