AMHR World Championship Show - what is it?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I'm sure it's just me, but I'm a bit confused as to what the AMHR "World" show is and how it differs from the National show. Is it like Congress and Nationals combined? Why do I not hear much about it? Or have I just been living under a rock? Well, that may be a whole other issue :bgrin

"World" is the AMHA national show. ''Nationals'' is the AMHR national show. "Congress'' is the ASPC national show.

There is also an AMHR World which is a big local show that is usually right before ASPC Congress in Ohio.

I hope that clears it up a little bit?

Andrea

Okay hold on... just re-read your question. Yes the AMHR World show has both shetlands and minis... it is a super big ''local'' show in Ohio with lots of judges and attendees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrea, Yes, that helps. Thanks! It's confusing to have a "local" show called "World" but maybe that's just me.

Your talking about the Ohio State World Show (the world of ohio apparently lol).

It has both AMHR miniatures, Classics, moderns, hackneys and ....saddlebreds (yes the saddlebreds suprised us all actually).

Actually its held about a week or two before Congress.

Marvin McCabe judged this yr at the ohio world show, i was lucky enough to show there. Its not as big as Congress or AMHR nationals but i would say for shetlands its the next biggest thing, maybe for miniatures as well. It was a nice nice show, horses that go grand get beautiful silver plates (ask the taylors or getitia, they seem to have a billion of these by there stalls lol).

Its called the Ohio State World Show (kind of the ohio state fair for minis and ponies)

HUGE show
default_smile.png

It is kind of confusing, but I think that it was named the World Show before the AMHA changed the name of their year end final show.

What I am confused about is- Is this show anymore important than any of the other State Fair shows? I couldn't believe the coverage in the Journal. Page after page. Who pays for that?

I know that when Area 6 puts the winners of our Regional Show in the Journal they have to pay. The reason I know is that one year we sponsored the winning pictures.

I think promoting a good show is wonderful I am just wondering who is picking up the tab. Perhaps the Ohio State Fair has alot more money than the the North Dakota Fair.

If the Registry, or rather the Club is passing out money for State Fairs I am going to contact Minot and tell them to get in on the action.

The World Show is the Ohio State fair, HOWEVER we must remember the World Show used to be the Modern World show and they didn't compete at Congress.................Now the Ohio State Fair has included ALL breeds we are involved in. The AMHR/ASPC pays for those ribbons etc.

At one time the Shetland Congress was held at the Ohio State Fair can't really give you the dates for positive when it was held there but it was HUGE for a long time and we miss it but we have had a very good turn out since the Congress moved to Gordyville. Now the show isn't held while the fair is going on it's held about a week prior to the start of the fair which works out better in a lot of different ways. To get the specifics about the monies given to the World Show you would need to contact Mr McCabe the ASPC/AMR liasion for this show and or Judy Peters who is the show secretary what I can tell you is that ASPC/AMHR does not pay for the ribbons and the Ohio State Fair pays the premiums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back