AMHR Shows for Michigan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC Farm

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some show dates where and when for Michigan. I am trying to get the all shows wrote down so we can try to decided what shows we are wanting to attend and hoping they don't cross with our draft horse shows so we don't have to choose. Thanks in advance.

I recall there being a decent amount of shows up that way, the area II show in 09' will be held in Michigan in mid June, cannot recall the exact dates but could look. There are normally several in Ohio / Indiana too if you could drive a few extra hours ..we are very lucky to have so many shows near us that are such a short drive, i drive less then 3 hours to most of the shows in our area.

Here are a few dates that I know (they are still pending)

Area 2 show is June 19-21 in Centerville, MI

Blue Water Miniature Horse Club Jubilee Show is August 8-9 in Midland,MI

I am not sure when the Western Michigan Miniature Horse Club will be holding their Mid-Michigan Magic show. It has been held the past few years at the end of May in Ionia.

I think there will once again be an AMHR show held in conjunction with the Pinto Organization in Berrien Springs. Held this past year Labor Day weekend. I have also heard that there may be an AMHR/Pinto show held in Coruna. I am hoping that is true.

Well that's what I know. Hope it helps.

Tammie~

It would be nice to have a show in Corunna. We used to show AMHA there a few years back.

Thanks so much. Corunna would be great. It is a nice fair ground and only about 20 minutes away. I hope there is one in Ionia also as that is the next closes. Thanks

I don't know where in Michigan you are, but also consider showing in Ontario. There are at least four separate AMHR sanctioned shows scheduled in 2009. Of greatest interest would be the July 18-19 weekend when two shows with two judges each will be offered in Mount Forest. That's roughly a couple of hours from Port Huron. You'll need Coggins on your horses, same as you would for any other show, plus international Health Papers to cross the border. You don't need to see the vet or anything when you cross. It's very easy to do, and the competition is good and tough. At the one day show on the same weekend this year, we had three judges and over 90 horses. More information on this show is available from the Miniature Horse Club of Ontario's website at www.mhco.ca on the Calendar page. There are also sanctioned shows at Hanover and Drayton, Ontario in early August. If the timing is right, you can hit the July shows and at least one of the August shows (Drayton, I think) on one set of health papers which are good for 30 days. Contact info for Drayton and Hanover is also available on the MHCO website.

I remember a little bit about talking about the Area II show in Centerville and whether it was by Traverse City or south by the border. I know the AMHR website says Centerville and I map quested it and it says by Traverse City, does anyone know if that is correct or not? Thank you.

The Western Michigan Miniature Horse Club's (WMMHC) show, Mid Michigan Magic, is scheduled for May 30 and 31, 2009 at the Ionia County Fairground. It's a really fun show - hope you can make it! If you contact Jeanne Bragagnini, our show manager, at (269)979-3392 she will get you on the mailing list so that you receive a packet with showbills.

I remember a little bit about talking about the Area II show in Centerville and whether it was by Traverse City or south by the border. I know the AMHR website says Centerville and I map quested it and it says by Traverse City, does anyone know if that is correct or not? Thank you.
It's in the south part of the state, just below Battle Creek.

Hi,

I have heard that the Michigan State Pinto Breeders & Owners (MSPB) club will be putting on an AMHR/Pinto show on Memorial Day Weekend. It will probably be held on Sunday & Monday, May 25, 26. The showbill has AMHR classes and also pinto classes.

I found the showbill for the MSPBO - it's May 23 & 24, has some AMHR halter and performance classes. It's being held at the Shiawassee County Fairgrounds. It looks like the miniature classes are all on May 23rd. www.mspbo.com

The mini classes for the show on May 23 & 24 are for pinto miniatures only. I emailed a friend and she will let me know about the AMHR/Pinto class list for the 24 & 25 of May. Will let you know as soon as I hear from her.

I wanted to add that the AMHR/pinto show will have allot of amhr classes with pinto classes included.

Latest posts

Back