AMHR Question....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FurstPlaceMiniatures

Reaction score
I know youths must be 13 to show a stud in AMHR. I feel like that age is a little young generally speaking, but alas, my very competent younger cousins are begging to show my stud. The younger one will be a force to be reckoned with in jumpers - this kid and this pony can RUN and work together wonderfully - the fearless boy energy is just contagious! Like, Cloudy has to canter to keep up!

Anyway, the kid will be 13 a few weeks before the state fair show. Could he show my guy then? Or does he have to be 13 by Jan 1st of 2014?

NO I WILL NOT BE GELDING MY HORSE FOR A KID TO SHOW. He's not really a kids horse, but these two just 'click' and work insanely well together. Out of all the reasons to geld a horse, I don't think this is a good one, at all. He wasn't purchased with the intetnion of being a kids horse, and his hormones dont impact show day in the least bit, therefore, he will be staying whole.

AMHR ages go by Dec 1 so whatever the childs age is on Dec 1, 2013 is the age they show at for 2014. If the child is 12 then they can not show a stallion.

Back