AMHR professional to amatuer status

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me the exact AMHR rules for being an ammy

and the rules for a professional to become ammy

I have looked at the amhr rulebook online but am not finding it.....thanks!
default_saludando.gif

Look under applications on the AMHR Website. They should have one called Amatuer status. It mentions how to be an ammy.

I also can't find where it states how a professional can go back to amateur status. I have heard that it takes one year, I know in AMHA its five years, but I don't see where its spelled out in AMHR.

You have to write a letter to AMHR stating you are no longer a trainer and not accept any money or goods for training for 1 yr before you apply for your amateur card.

They went over this at convention last year. I think the new amateur form has the new rule written on it.

wow..one year..that's it?? LOL most registries it's a lot longer. Good to know though!

So if we were paid for training ext, after one year we can get our ammy card? How does that work? Its been two years so i think i would be all in the clear but not sure. Can someone explaine the AMHR rule?

Thanks

wow..one year..that's it?? LOL most registries it's a lot longer. Good to know though!
It doesn't surprise me that it's such a short period. I personally don't think either registry (no, I'm not just picking on AMHR) really gives a darn about enforcing ANY rules related to being of ammy status. Just look around the ring folks during those "ammy" classes.
default_no.gif

In AMHR you must file a letter in the office as stated before. Wait one year and then apply. And we police it the best it can be. And to say we don't really care is not a totally true statement ..

There was a ex Trainer that did not go through all the steps and she was brought in front of the board and Reprimanded .

So we try the best one can.. It is hard to Police the whole Assoc. And we are not here to do that.. We can only hope somewhere in time People will just be honest..
default_please.gif

I just did this myself when I got home from AMHR Nationals in 2007.....

AMHR: Write a letter stating that you no longer are training as of this date and are requesting your Amateur Status back. They send you a confirming letter...stating that ONE year from the date of my letter...I will be eligible for an Amateur card again.

AMHA: Same process...but it is FIVE years.

Keep the letters on file...then send a copy in with your workorder, check when the time is up....to get your Amateur card.

My engraving business has grown...requires me full-time....so I would like to go back to Amateur status so I can just show my own personal horses....really looking forward to enjoying them.

Look under applications on the AMHR Website. They should have one called Amatuer status. It mentions how to be an ammy.

I looked but still am not finding rules for the ammy division.....

thank you for the correct advise on writing a letter and waiting the 1 year before applying for the pro to ammy. But where are the rules listed for what is/is not allowed for us?
default_wacko.png

We can only hope somewhere in time People will just be honest..
default_please.gif
I'm not holding my breath on that one
default_sad.png

It would really help if AMHR would have an up to date rulebook available online .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back