AMHR.... papers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
We were doing AMHR papers for Joy and Nitro and found two things...

1) Joy has two registered names...

AMHA is Bucknell's Early Morning Joy

and her AMHR is BKS Early Morning Joy........ I didn't know you could do that!!... Can you?

2) Pamela, Nitro last owner signed her name, the date and my name. At first I thought, Okay, that's fine, we'll just fill in our address and send it off.... Then it hit me, I'M A YOUTH! If I remember correctly, youths can only co-own... right? is it fine that MY name is on it? He was going to go under my mom's name... like Joy... but now what...
default_unsure.png
:

Please Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. a Horse can have a differant Registered name in AMHR and AMHA alot of horses do. Someone may of bought her and registered her in AMHA to their farm name or w.e/ Also I am pretty sure youth can OWN a horse as my name is aloud to be on Wee Mans papers I jsut havent sent them in yet even though I bought him a while ago
default_wink.png
:

We were doing AMHR papers for Joy and Nitro and found two things...

1) Joy has two registered names...

AMHA is Bucknell's Early Morning Joy

and her AMHR is BKS Early Morning Joy........ I didn't know you could do that!!... Can you?
Yes, they often have different names with AMHA and AMHR. A name available with one registry might not be available with another registry. The horse may have been hardshipped into the second registry (likely by someone other than the breeder, so the breeder's prefix can't be used). And, I'm sure there are other reasons.

Sorry, can't help you with your other question, I don't know anything about the rules for youth ownership.

QUESTION 1: I wouldn't worry about the 2 different names on his papers. What most likely has happened is if he was sold to a different owner before you, they might have had hardshipped him into AMHA or AMHR, whatever he wasn't registered in before. Does his AMHR papers just list the sire and dam and not the full pedigree? Because thats what they do with hardshiped AMHR papers. I've done it before so I know.

QUESTION 2: Just get a youth membership and you will be fine. I never had a problem with transferring horses under my name when I was a youth.

Youth ownership isnt a problem in that it is allowed in fact there are some papers right now going to the office with Ravens name. she is 9.

The issue comes in IMO when and if you ever decide to sell the horse it does get a bit tricky since you cant enter into a contract with a minor and it would be the minor (even if a parent signed a bill of sale) that actually signed over the "title" of the horse. NOt sure how that part of it works to be honest or what troubles "could arise"

1) Oh, okay, it was the same breeder so I was wondering.

2) Okay, I hope so, I would hate to be a pain and make the seller get new papers! It was somewhere I heard that youths could only co-own, guess I was wrong! :aktion033:

Thanks guys..

Wanted to add... Should I put both Joy and Nitro under my name?

Like everyone has said a youth can be the owner on the papers. I got my first mini when I was 4 and it had my name on it!! :lol: LOL..actually still does, I wouldn't sell that goofy old mare for anything!

Well l don't know about AMHR but l do know that a while back when l gave my daughter her own horses in AMHA they had to be co owned with an adult till she came of age. She was not impressed at the time as it wasn't outright and at shows the horses were always recorded in my name as owner.

Sometimes a breeder will have a somewhat different name on the R papers from the A papers. I'm not sure just why that is, but for example, my stallion's A papers say "Bears Snips Illustration" while his R papers say "Bear Farms Snips Illustration". I do know that some of their horses have the Bear Farms prefix on A papers, so not sure why they are two different ways.

Well l don't know about AMHR but l do know that a while back when l gave my daughter her own horses in AMHA they had to be co owned with an adult till she came of age. She was not impressed at the time as it wasn't outright and at shows the horses were always recorded in my name as owner.
I dont have AMHA horses so I dont know but I could have sworn Tony has posted on here a few times that his daughter has had horses in her name since she was little? But again I dont have AMHA horses anymore so I could be wrong.

I just went through this so I promise I know!

Des, What you need to do is have and adult AMHR member sponser you, you just have them sign the youth membership(where it says a parent is saposed to sign, but just take it to an AMHR member) and you can fully own the horse! I even did it under my AMHR youth number, and they did it, so just get a youth membership signed by an adult and their membership number, and then send the papers in, with you name:) Same with AMHA, other than AMHA you dont have to have an adult sponser you!

hope that helps!

Gage

Back