AMHR papers (color)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabetha

Reaction score
Ok, can someone tell me why my permanent mare has papers that says her color is black (the color she was born), instead of grey they color she is now? I have papers that say black with photos that show she is grey...this makes no sense to me.

Did you get her the permanent papers or did she come with them. Sometimes, unless you point it out, they go with the original color. She may have been born looking black and over time turned grey. We have had that happen, so it is a simple correction with the registries.

I have a mare like that.she is coal black,but her dam is a dapple grey.she is greying out more every year in different areas. She probably will turn gray eventually as it sounds as your did...

AMHR registers on phenotype, not genotype. I highly recommend any grayed out individuals have their paperwork updated to reflect that they are gray. Not having the presense of the gray gene reflected on the papers can cause problems down the line if they produce a gray foal and neither parent is registered as a gray.

Latest posts

Back