AMHR National Rewards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did anyone like the new National Championship trophey?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Go back to the old ones

• Total voters
I also like the way it is now, I prefer the ribbons 3-10 to be that, each placing a unique ribbon. Of course as everyone knows to get ANY ribbon at nationals is usually a feet and accomplishment, but I'd sure love to have those "yellow" ribbons if I can capture them instead of "gray".......though I'd be proud of both.

I as well feel that maybe the awards aren't as fancy as other places, I have seen the awards at worlds and that at pintos and yes they are fancy and pretty, and I'd love to have them as well (LOVE those World trophies)..........but look at the extra fees associated with it, everythings double, some triple, some four times as much.......is it worth it?? I guess that's a personal preference.

I'll come to AMHR Nationals no matter if they handed out flat stock ribbons, to me it's the place to be..........but back to the orginal question I LOVED the horse heads, they are a bit fragile ( I ended up with one broke ear), but VERY goregous!!

This was my first time at Nationals, and I did think that the National Champion trophy was quite nice - the horse head is very pretty, and as someone else said, bigger isn't always better when it comes to trophies. We didn't get a reserve, so my observations of the platter were limited to seeing them in others' displays, but they did look quite nice as well.

I must say that I was a bit surprised at the ribbons, though - I at least thought that they would be larger and have the class that they were for printed on them. They seemed very much like local show ribbons, and I really would have preferred something a bit more 'important' looking, since placing at a National show is a big accomplishment. I think that the ribbons should be easily distinguishable from what you'd get at home, and right now they are not.

I do understand the cost issue, but it wouldn't necessarily cost much more to make the ribbons seem a bit more in keeping with what you'd expect at a National show. It would be nice if 1st and 2nd were kept as blue and red (or, if a sponsor was found, even making them neck ribbons?), but I do think that if 3rd through 10th were uniform in appearance, it would make the ribbons seem classier, and it would make placing anywhere in the top ten seem like a bigger deal. If people still wanted the placings to be easily distinguishable from far away, perhaps just the center strip could be a distinguishable color?

One thing that I thought was really great was the youth awards - it was nice to see the youth get so much, and I especially thought that it was a really nice touch that the youth got their individual names embroidered on their youth team coolers. I also noticed that all youth brought home 'stuff' regardless of their placings - it really seems like AMHR has the youth program figured out. The colt giveaway was also a really nice and I loved hearing the winner's essay read out - that is what it is all about!

Ribbons all the same color? I would hate that especially at a National show.

Of course a ribbon is something to be proud of but... if I won 3rd I would want that at a glance to be noticed that it was a 3rd not a 10th... not only at the show but years later. The only ribbons we have in the house are National ribbons and yep I want to at a glance see the placings
default_yes.gif
:

And I agree the youth program does A GREAT JOB!!!!

I do agree with Kim on the ribbons. I think having neck sashes for Champion and Reserve and the Top Ten ribbons uniform except the center streamer would be classier.
default_yes.gif
: I like the trophies as they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Champion awards are awesome.. now maybe we could think of something for the silver platters..

These are the new awards.. angie/buckonranch
tuesdayandtrophiesweb.jpg

Thanks for posting a picture Angie!!! (good job!) I was dying to see what all the commotion was about! I LIKE THEM
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: much "classier" than the plaques ... not that I'd trade mine in or anything!! Makes me wanna get back into showing - don't tell my husband I said that!!!
default_wink.png
:

I also LIKE the different colored ribbons ... they remind me of how I placed! I'm getting to the point where I NEED a lot of reminding!!!
default_wacko.png
:

Just my 2 cents ...

Nan

I LOVE the new trophies and would have been tickled pink to get one! Nationals was pretty hard on me compared to Pinto World and Congress....oh well, there's always next year
default_rolleyes.gif
: !

What I would like to see changed is the color of the 8th place ribbon. Who wants a poopy brown ribbon? :xkngt: Granted, it's the only one I got, so I'm entirely greatful
default_pray.gif
: for it. But, it could be a prettier color. 10th could be poopy brown, but I'd even be greatful for that placing!

Nationals was TOUGH this year! :new_shocked:

What I would like to see changed is the color of the 8th place ribbon. Who wants a poopy brown ribbon? :xkngt: Granted, it's the only one I got, so I'm entirely greatful
default_pray.gif
: for it. But, it could be a prettier color. 10th could be poopy brown, but I'd even be greatful for that placing!

Oh ...... I SO agree!!! There are so many Pretty colors out there.

Nan

I have one of those horse trophies from Congress. You get a bigger one for Jr or Sr champion. It is the same, just about 2" taller. At least that is what I got from Congress. As for the silver for reserve, I think that is nice also. The year we celebrated our 25th anniversary, we got a silver platter for Reserve Grand and the mini nationals as well as some smaller silver platters for wins at the State fair show. I put plastic wrap on all of them and used them for serving platters at our anniversary party. Made for great conversation and I haven't been at another 25th anniversary with so much silver to serve on. I still have the big one where I can see it from here.
default_yes.gif
: and that was won 8 years ago.

Love my silver and my trophies.

Angie

I LOVE the heads! Not thrilled with the silver platters- whatever am I gonna do with THEM? I'd like to see Reserve also get a head, maybe with a silver plate on the front? Champs with gold? Those I can display.... :bgrin

Lucy

I think they look nice, be happy with what you got. Beggers cant be choosers correct?
default_smile.png

Honestly, i'd show even if they just gave away the flat little ribbons ..anywhere! Its more then ribbons and plaques and trophies (even if they are all pretty and shiney)!!

I personally think the AMHA Worlds trophies are pretty, but AMHR did well this year too.

I like the trophies. I got a couple of the silver plates and they are a pain I don't even display them. I guess the nice thing is you COULD engrave the plates... but not like I ever will.

I like the ribbons being different colors... it's SO HARD to get a ribbon and I like being able to see what color is what placing. \

I think fancier ribbons would be nicer though... but if it's not in the budget I agree beggars can't be choosers!

Nationals is just plain fun... if you are working hard just for a PHYSICAL RIBBON you have bigger problems on your hands than what the ribbon looks like
default_wink.png
:

Andrea

Those trophies are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so excited to see Destiny's :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin and :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Latest posts

Back