AMHR National Rewards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did anyone like the new National Championship trophey?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Go back to the old ones

• Total voters

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone liked the new Championship trophey they gave out. This was the first time we actually got National Championship and to be honest was a little disappointed in what we got. Thinking this was a sponsor show the prizes would have been a little better. I was even told they ran out of some tropheys near the end there and gave out some smaller stuff. Just wanted to know how everyone else thought.

Congrats on your award. Didn't get one myself, but IMO, they were a thousand times better than the chintzy looking plaques that had been the awards in the recent past years. MUCH classier and definitely a step up.

As far as this being a "sponsored" show -- the total amount, while generous, was not all that huge and barely made a dent in the increased cost of these trophies over the plaques from the past and other improvements in this show.

Could you possibly take and post a photo of the award? I have been to past nationals and have a couple of first place awards, but did not get to nationals this year and would love to see what was given out this year.

Thanks

Angie

Was it a trophy?????

I havent seen them but can tell you I would love to have trophies on my shelf instead of the plaques.. dont get me wrong.. those plaques mean a lot they are treasured and I am very very proud of my mare but trophies would be just well prettier

I would love to see a picture of them.. hmmmm I better get serious about driving her so I can have a shot at a trophy next year
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on your win!

So far, I've only seen it in pictures but I love it so far!!!! Destiny got one so I'm thrilled. When it comes to prizes at shows, I'm one who prefers trophies to "goods". I like stuff I cannot go out and buy (trophies!).

I haven't seen them, but I sure would like to see AMHR give out classier ribbons for the Top 10 placings. They've been giving out those dinky little colored ribbons ever since I started showing AMHR back in the early 90's. Those ribbons don't look any different than what you might get at a regular show. I'd also like to see the Top 10 ribbons all the same color. Both AMHA and PtHA do that and my opinion is that it is much classier.
default_smile.png

I would like to see a picture too.

Don't forget, the awards are almost the most expensive part of these shows and 'improving' them will increase your cost to show.

I don't think AMHR's National Top Ten ribbons are "dinky". They are nice rosettes and not what you would see at your average show, at least not the local shows I've attended. I also like the fact that they are different colors as you can clearly see how a horse/person placed in a class. It's bad enough that people try to add extra wording to their titles as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think they are an improvement over past years. Awards at Nationals have always been on the skimpy side in my opinion, for a National show. I realize the cost involved in awards but that's where corporate sponsorships come in. I think the new awards are attractive and I'm with Lisa, I kind of like something I can put on the shelf
default_smile.png
(not that we got one this year, since all of my horses stayed home!
default_sad.png
)

Jan

we were lucky enuff to get a few of each thought they were nice the placing is important to us and the award the icing on the cake the horse heads were very nice what do you all do with them only so much room we are lucky to have such a great sponsor to help with thing please don,t knock what they did we are happy and don't need entry fees going up for everyone just to cover the cost of the winners awards yikes spoke my mind carol

I agree with Becky on the ribbons. The ribbons we get at the Estes Park show are nicer and fancier. Heck I didnt go this year sooooo not my deal I suppose.

Hi

Glad so many like the new Trophy . We have been wanting to change it for some time. And those that said it is a big cost to upgrade you are so right.. Just the horse head trophy's alone cost in the Thousands to use instead of the plaque. Of course I think we had to pay for the setup of a mold, ( not for sure on that one)

Also the reason WE RAN OUT SHORT OF THEM IS SOMEONE WENT IN THE TROPHY ROOM AND STOLE SEVERAL OF THE HORSE HEADS AND SILVER TRAYS I WAS TOLD. So that is not show management fault or the Assoc.

As for the Sponsorship's sold they go to help with the cost of many things.. Like the 3 Dinners that were served at NO COST TO THE EXHIBITOR
default_yes.gif
: And by the way that Bar-B-Q was wonderful.

We are going to change the ribbons ( which by the way I am with Sheryl I do not think they are Dinky !!! We just had to many of the old ones left and had to use some of those up before we can change..

Becky you should try and come back to R Nationals as we have updated a lot of things . You live so close you should come. Heck we had a lot of faces there this year that have only been going to Worlds in the Past. And what a good time they all had.. I was so glad to see them..
default_wink.png
:

Wow Belinda cant believe someone would steal trophies and platters OMG that is horrible- It is amazing and sad what lengths people will go to :new_shocked:

I would assume it is the same horse head trophy from congress, and I will say I LOVE mine compared to the plaques, I was thrilled with it, still am, it sits on a shelf in my family room!! And I think the ribbons are more than nice enough, and they should remain different colored. I like Carol, don't want to see fees go up. The award committe is doing a great job!

Oh yes! Those show awards are big $$$$$$$$$$!!! I love the horse head trophys this year and I would like to see a bit more impressive ribbon....maybe a longer streamer and a bit of 'gilt' or something on the rosette. Something that would announce the importance of the award when displayed with a lot of other awards.

Having been on show committees I am well aware of what just plain rosettes cost but adding longer streamers doesn't up the cost 'too' much. Maybe just the two outside streamers.

Have you seen the PtHA World ribbons???? OMG! Fringe, tassles, lace, loooong streamers!!! Those must cost a fortune! But sooooo lovely to display :bgrin

Charlotte

We received our first National Championship award last week and remain ecstatic over the win. The trophy was small enough for us to fly home with it in our suitcase instead of having to ship it home.

[SIZE=12pt]Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka CATCH[/SIZE] with Cortney Barnes in Youth Jr. Stallions

Catch.JPG

Dawn :saludando:

We are grateful to get ANYTHING and think they are very nice! :bgrin

Ribbons included! It was a very nice touch this year to give everyone a

a participation ribbon, they were very pretty also!

I don't understand though the need to duplicate trophies in some of the

youth classes. For halter the kids got one of the new head statue trophies,

but for performance classes they got both the head statue trophy AND a

very large gold trophy. Each class winner got a very nice medal also. I am sure

the youth would be happy with winning the medal and one trophy or the other, I don't

quite see the need for two trophies for the performance classes. That in itself would

sure save some money.

Shame on whoever stole the trophies! Who would want a trophy they didn't win??

Of course, who would want any of the other items/money that was also stolen...sigh.

People! :no:

Shelley (who has been trophy chair for dog shows so is very aware of the

high cost of these items)

I liked the new horse heads! Also like the ribbons. I would much rather keep what we have than to have to pay more to show!! Great time at Nationals!

Pam

I'd also like to see the Top 10 ribbons all the same color. Both AMHA and PtHA do that and my opinion is that it is much classier.
default_smile.png
I am definitely opposed to this idea. It would make a first place or 2nd or 3rd place ribbon almost meaningless as far as displaying it. Might as well throw them away if they are all the same - just my opinion.

As far as a lot more glitz and glitter on the ribbons -- just think about the added cost.....and take a step back and look at how much it costs to show at Pinto World :new_shocked: :new_shocked: . Not for the "average" person to participate in by any stretch of the imagination. AMHR Nationals is a show for EVERYONE...big farm and little alike. I want to see it stay that way!!

Latest posts

Back