AMHR Membership Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is a silly question:

I went to the AMHR website to apply for a membership (first-time). I clicked on "join" and filled out a primary membership as well as a secondary one for my partner. When I clicked on "submit" it said that an email had been sent to "info@...". Here's my question: What happens now? Do they bill me? I thought that I'd join online and give a credit card number and then everything's hunky dory. Also, I live in Ontario Canada. On the "state" drop-down, they don't have any provinces even though they have the correct spacing for a Canadian postal code. I ended up putting my city, province, and country in "city" and then putting Michigan as my state as I had to put something. Also, when I applied for a secondary membership it asked for the primary member's #. Well, I didn't put that since I'm not yet a member. Am I missing something here? Help clear this up for me, please
default_sad.png

One more question...When I do transfers, I just mail the transfer form and registration papers to AMHR. When paying by cheque, do I have to convert the amount to American funds? ie. if a transfer is $15.00USD, should my cheque -coming from Canada- be the conversion of that...say, for example, $18.75CAD. Am I complicating matters here?

I'd email them and ask if they recieved your application just to make sure, and ask them the questions you need answered.. I became and member and paid my dues when i bought my first AMHR mare and transfered her to my name, so I couldn't help you as far as what happens when applying online

I'd email them and ask if they recieved your application just to make sure, and ask them the questions you need answered.. I became and member and paid my dues when i bought my first AMHR mare and transfered her to my name, so I couldn't help you as far as what happens when applying online

Thanks! That's what I've done.

Hi Matt.

Since you've already called them, you've probably got your membership application all figured out. I just wanted to mention, though, that you might find it easiest to just give them your credit card number so they have it on file for any future work you'll have done. That way you don't have to bother with cheques. I usually send a U.S. money order with all my work, but I think I'll give them my card number now, too.

And may I add.... Welcome to the AMHR!

I agree with Sunny, but check at your bank if sending a cheque from a Canadian account. Some banks will charge an out to lunch fee if you send a Canadian cheque to a U.S. business...................experience here as I got stung bad on that one. ( I think I ended up paying close to 25.00 for a 7.95 book, not including shipping, OUCH )A U.S. money order or credit card is the BEST way to pay. Welcome

The work order does state "must pay in US funds". The problem with you sending a cheque for $18.75 Cdn to pay for a $15 US transfer fee is, when AMHR cashes that cheque they will get charged a surcharge by their bank--Instead of $15 to register the transfer they would likely be doing good if they got $12. I'm guessing they'd get more like $10 out of it.

I always send my fees in US funds--I was writing "US funds" on my Cdn cheques, but that was costing me $8 for each cheque. So, I opened a US chequing account and now pay just 75 cents per cheque. Much better.

Latest posts

Back