AMHR Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know the editor. Never spoke to her. Have never emailed her. Wouldn't know her if I was standing on her toe. If I was her though I would have to screen print everything on this thread and then do some heavy thinking of my options. Yes, I paid for a subscription for the journal also. Here are my issues I see in this thread. I see some pots coloring the kettles black. There was a thread not so long ago about a director that marked a horse down saying it showed in a show that didn't (if I remember correctly and I think I do). That thread was removed rather quickly. I think there was also a thread about someone showing off type and should have known better. That was also taken off quickly. And here we have a thread with a persons name plastered all over it.

Thousands of dollars was wasted of our (the membership) money on the WEG which should have been researched thoroughly before any money was ever spent on it. Tens of thousands was wasted to send ponies to China. Not to mention sending two people over to China. So to me the Journal being late is such a little thing when you look at the whole package of what is going on with OUR registry.

I'm sorry to anyone I offended with my post on the Nationals info. Now obviously this isn't part of the topic but I did feel it should have been brought to attention, again I'm sorry.

As for the Journal I think everyone should just calm down and just see how it goes. I really do think AMHR is going to try harder, and I sure hope all this mess will be sorted out for everything else. I think what everyone wants is answers on what our registry is doing and we want to know about it.

I do not know the editor. Never spoke to her. Have never emailed her. Wouldn't know her if I was standing on her toe. If I was her though I would have to screen print everything on this thread and then do some heavy thinking of my options. Yes, I paid for a subscription for the journal also. Here are my issues I see in this thread. I see some pots coloring the kettles black. There was a thread not so long ago about a director that marked a horse down saying it showed in a show that didn't (if I remember correctly and I think I do). That thread was removed rather quickly. I think there was also a thread about someone showing off type and should have known better. That was also taken off quickly. And here we have a thread with a persons name plastered all over it.

Thousands of dollars was wasted of our (the membership) money on the WEG which should have been researched thoroughly before any money was ever spent on it. Tens of thousands was wasted to send ponies to China. Not to mention sending two people over to China. So to me the Journal being late is such a little thing when you look at the whole package of what is going on with OUR registry.
Fran,

I would think there is a rather large difference between a volunteer and a PAID employee. This is not a cheap position by any means and considering that we only get 6 issues of the "NEWSLETTER" a year I would have to consider that part time! So to go 4 months with no issue and then now be promised the first in the time that we should have had 3 I guess that is what is upsetting most people...And although you yourself may not spend money to advertise it is quiet upsetting the those who do spend the money who finance this publication of the "NEWSLETTER" I hardly think your $ 65 membership is what pays for the Journal publication...

I have not personally submitted an ad via CD in years.
This is what I was requested to do by Amy herself. She told me there was no alternative way to receive a large file.

Not to mention sending two people over to China. So to me the Journal being late is such a little thing when you look at the whole package of what is going on with OUR registry.
Just for the record one more time !!! One of those people who went to China , took personal Vacation and PAID OUT OF HER OWN BANK ACCOUNT FOR HER AIRLINE TICKET AND PAID HER OWN EXPENSES !! The AMHR/ ASPC PAID NOTHING FOR HER EXPENSES , BUT YET SHE WAS REPRESENTING THE AMHR/ASPC TO THE PEOPLE OF CHINA AS a Great Organization that one would be proud to belong to .
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

And sorry but China ponies has nothing to do with this topic.. :arg! :arg!

Just for the record one more time !!! One of those people who went to China , took personal Vacation and PAID OUT OF HER OWN BANK ACCOUNT FOR HER AIRLINE TICKET AND PAID HER OWN EXPENSES !! The AMHR/ ASPC PAID NOTHING FOR HER EXPENSES , BUT YET SHE WAS REPRESENTING THE AMHR/ASPC TO THE PEOPLE OF CHINA AS a Great Organization that one would be proud to belong to .
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

And sorry but China ponies has nothing to do with this topic.. :arg! :arg!

Well Belinda if that is the only thing on my post that you find fault in then it truly is a sad day! And yes, in a way the ponies do belong. If you are going to point at one then all should be called to the carpet. We run a business here but we do not invite clients to our home even though we have a home office. We have had several people show up to inquire about service, however. I take it when she was contracted it was known that was the way she would be doing business. If so then you can't complain about her working at her home office now.

I am proud to be a member of OUR registry also. But I do see how it is being abused as does quite a lot of people. Call it a business if you wish but then you could surely say it is being mismanaged.

Oh, boy, this is tuff to sort out. But, it seems to me that when this kind of stuff goes on in other business there is usually a power struggle at the top. I think that it is healthy for any company or organization to have board members and directors that have different opinions, but in order to get stuff accomplished there must be respect and willingness to work together. Also, the way the meetings are conducted leads to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding. I think that we have to use Roberts Rules or some rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly appreciate the directors taking the time to post on here. It's not part of their job to come on a public forum such as this and try to calm the masses. It is their job to represent those that elected them. Having said that, as a PAYING member (which is supposed to include the Journal) I really don't care about the reasons anymore. I just want the whole mess cleaned up and I want my freakin' Journal!
closedeyes.gif

Fran,

Sadly you do not remember correctly and this is why there is such dissention amongst us as statements such as yours are put out there that are not factual just based on hearsay and rumors that get distorted through the channels. Fran, unless you were in on any closed board sessions YOU do not remember correctly nor do you know the real facts my dear!

Just for the record in no way am I attacking anyone on this forum, I stated the facts as I know them and my opinion as a director, along with my summary of what I came away with in the closed session conference call regarding the Journal with Amy being in on the call.

We the directors are trying to work this out and Amy has given us a time line as to when the Journals will be out. We asked that the August Journal be out on time and Amy is working hard at reaching her goals I am sure. The reason this has all come up is because we the board of directors RESPONDED to the membership complaints Fran…

But truly Fran, you need to get your information and your facts straight before you start throwing out darts at others.

While I realize this is serious to those who advertise and those who want their offical newsletter...

It is getting a bit ridiculous... WHAT ON EARTH DOES SHOWING A PONY IN WHAT ONE MIGHT BELIEVE OFF TYPE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE JOURNAL BEING LATE?

I am sure being behind like this for whatever reason is very stressful to the editor. I am sure the added time line Lewella gave us a few posts back (as part of the Journal committee) of having 3 issues printed and ready to mail by the 15th business day of August is a huge added pressure but bottom line all people want is the Newsletter out and I am sure the editor wants the same thing!

LOL Lisa, I was wondering that same thing, about the relationship between showing an off type pony and Journals being late. I confess I am showing a pony that is actually a little bit extreme for Classic....does that mean that it is MY fault that the Journal is late????

The 15th business day of December (using that month because someone questioned that issue in an earlier thread) is actually December 21st, so yes, for sure it's very possible that the December Journal will arrive in January--mine for sure, because it takes awhile for magazines to get to Canada.

I sense that some have a strong aversion to the Journal being called a newsletter. I don't really see why that's an issue; I've always thought that the Journal IS the newsletter of ASPC/AMHR. People pay for subscriptions to and advertising in newsletters all the time, even the smaller newsletters that look like newsletters and not magazines. The Journal just happens to be a newsletter that looks a lot like a magazine.

Well Lea, if you had read my post I stated that it had been placed on the forum and then removed. Doesn't matter if it was in a closed session or not.

Lisa, a director knowingly showing off type has everything to do with my post. So many finger pointers that do things themselves.

Lisa, a director knowingly showing off type has everything to do with my post. So many finger pointers that do things themselves.
Well Well Dear Fran ,

If you are referring to the Foudation I showed last year , I guess the majority of the Judges found him to be just that a Foundation , as he was Grand at Congress and won Foundation Pony of the Year !! And I showed that horse exasctly where the breeder and owner wanted that horse shown , and Type as you say FRan , that is a person's opinion , who gave you the Great insight to know what exactly is foundation vs. what is not ?? so really one does not have anything to do with the other..
default_yes.gif

And now I am done with this Topic because it has turned into one of those
default_jerry.gif
default_jerry.gif
topics .. So off course now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back