AMHR Journal Adds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkminis

Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum make Journal adds? Or who does everyone get to do there adds?

Thanks

Fay

Fay,

I am blessed to have my wife Cindy who is a graphics person and photograper so we do our own. But for our marketing group IAMHA we use a lady that is really good and reasonable also. If you will email me I will be glad to give you her name and contact information.

Just PM me and ill give ya a few!
default_wink.png

I'm a graphic designer and web designer. I have a couple examples of my work on my website. But I also have more on file.

Tara at Reiten Works does Erica's ads which are SO clever and memorable! She did mine and Erica's ad for Destiny (Time Magazine / Stud of the Year) in the current issue on Page 5 opposite the table of contents
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Tara's website is www.reitenworks.com.

Destiny%20Ad%20Feb%202008%20SMALL.jpg

I've been in graphic arts for almost 30 years now. I quit my full time job 7 years ago to stay home with my new born daughter and have been working out of my home ever since. I work with you via email until we arrive at an ad you approve and then I send the ad with hard copy on disc either directly to the publication or to you. The publication will return the disc to you and you can then use it in another publication if you choose to. You can see some more examples on my website and in some of the banners and avatars on this forum
default_biggrin.png
but here are a couple that have been in the Miniature Horse World and AMHR Journal as well as a few others.

GraphicAdBE.jpg

default_biggrin.png
I can vouch for Lori (Milo Minis), she does great work. She did my all star ad for the journal last April and I was delighted with it.

Yvonne

I was actually just about to ask the same question
default_smile.png

Im planning a full page ad for the post congress issue and i have a few idea's that i really like as of now. Im considering putting a full pae ad also in the pre congress issue ..hmm.

Now i have a few people to contact ..
default_laugh.png

My February ad in the Journal was done by Janet Hughes. I totally love what she came up with. Janet will also be working on my June ad.

Image2a.jpg

Feb '08 Journal Ad

Lori did some banners for me, and I think they're outstanding and reasonably priced!

Got ideas for an ad I'd love to see her put together in the future for us............
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for the boosts Yvonne and Rose!
default_biggrin.png
I really enjoy putting ads together for people and I look forward to seeing your ideas for the future Rose
default_yes.gif

Tara Reiten of Reiten Works has done the majority of our Lost Spoke Ranch and Tymer Partnership ads for the AMHA Miniature Horse World, Miniature Showcase, Journal, and Livestock Magazines. Here is a sampling.

catch08ad.jpg

alm08directory.jpg

For-Web-Journal-Cover.jpg

If you would like to see some of our past ads, please click here.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ads you all. I like them all, particularly, I LOVE the Lost Spoke ads. So intersting and beautiful!
default_smile.png
))

You all have set the bar HIGH!

I've been learning to do my own ads and have been working on new business cards...

~Sandy

buscard8.jpg

quarterpageadweb.jpg

SemiFinal2007adWEB-1.jpg

buscard3.jpg

We use Laurie for our ads and flyers. shes awesome!!! I know Lewella from here also does some great ad designs

Laurie Villalpando

Pheasant Run Stables'

www.miniatureshetlands.us

I'm just starting out in graphics but would love love love to put together some ads and get them out there.. Been mainly doing collages and logos but I really want to work on ads as well
default_smile.png

If you plan on running several ads you might want to invest in publisher software and create your own! I create all our ads. You don't necessarly have to be creative, just know what you want.

I dabble in it a bit too...have done ads for friends for the Journal and many ads for show programs...

journaltest3low.jpg

PamChristopherlowres.jpg

SpringJournalFINAL.jpg

Ad_reverse_copy.jpg

It is a lot of fun to play with the programs. The newer programs are really neat...I need an upgrade!

Amy

I would give Cristina Crites from Lucky C Acres Minis a shot. Here is her email <[email protected]>.

She had done several things for me and I have always been pleased. She's very talented, very affordable, and quick!!!

Latest posts

Back