AMHR/ASPC Convention News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I know its early but was wondering if anyone had anything to share? I heard the number of members that showed up for Convention are pretty low.
default_unsure.png

I dont think they had enough for a quorum. I have heard some Shetland related things but not miniature related.

This was a really expensive convention to attend and I do think that is why attendance is so low. For people in Ohio it was about 1000.00 just for the flight and hotel.

So what happens if not enough attend? Will all the proposals get voted on with those select few or do they go straight to the BOD? Too bad not many attended, it was just way too far off for me to go.

I asked around but never got a firm answer so dont quote me. I believe it means there will be no votes taken at the membership meeting because they have to have a quorum to vote. So yes everything passed in committee will go straight to the BOD

Where I am confused is normally members can vote in committee meetings. Not sure if they still did? I am thinking they did?

Guess we will find out when they get back. I had a couple calls from people down there but missed the calls.

Its really a shame that more couldn't go as convention is supposed to be specifically for the members

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they could have Convention somehow in conjuction with mini Nationals since sooo many people are able to attend that.

Sunny there is no way that would work as HOF plaques are given out and show season has to be over to do that.

I have always hated it being right before the holidays but when you think about it, there is no good time. If they did spring (like AMHA) its during foaling season. Just no good time of year.

Also just think of being at nationals for a week and then another week for convention. Lots of people just cannot be off work that long at one time or away from their farms that long on one stretch.

Sunny there is no way that would work as HOF plaques are given out and show season has to be over to do that.
The HOF plaques are actually from the year BEFORE, not the current year. It runs Jan 1st to Dec 31st, and since here in Texas we still have one more show to go, year isn't over yet!
default_biggrin.png

I won't pretend to understand how the rules on voting and quorum work, but I sure hope for all of those folks who spent the money to go there so they could contribute to their registry by voting, they are able to vote in some way. What a bummer to have spent that money and not be able to cast your vote.

I know this is for another topic, but I wish both registries would embrace online voting. I know it has its drawbacks and cost money, but I just wish we lived in a perfect world where we could just snap our fingers and make it so!
default_laugh.png

The HOF plaques are actually from the year BEFORE, not the current year. It runs Jan 1st to Dec 31st, and since here in Texas we still have one more show to go, year isn't over yet!
default_biggrin.png
Sorry my bad!!

I won't pretend to understand how the rules on voting and quorum work, but I sure hope for all of those folks who spent the money to go there so they could contribute to their registry by voting, they are able to vote in some way. What a bummer to have spent that money and not be able to cast your vote.

I know this is for another topic, but I wish both registries would embrace online voting. I know it has its drawbacks and cost money, but I just wish we lived in a perfect world where we could just snap our fingers and make it so!
default_laugh.png
I so agree. I think if this happens to where no members will vote at Convention due to low attendance IMO this is what needs to happen. Our paid membership allows us 1 vote. Instead of the BOD just totally deciding whats in their best interest they need to listen to its members. Allow online voting for these proposals, you don't need to make it official but it gives the members a chance to voice their opinion. I think the Spring BOD meeting is when they decide to approve these new proposals or not so it should give them plenty of time to make something up. They send surveys out to anyone who is on their mailing list they should have no problems doing this.

I agree I would hate to be there and not be able to vote but at the same time I hate to see something pass because 1% of the members voted for it.

default_biggrin.png
Well my horse got his HOF in July 2008 and was able to get his HOF plaque at Convention in 2008.

Here are the latest results from the online poll AMHR/ASPC has on their site. Not very good numbers.

Are you planning on attending the 2011 Convention?

No

147 69.7%

Yes

55 26.1%

Maybe

9 4.3%

Maybe they changed it that following year? Had no idea since this was my first one, at least I was able to pick it up when Convention was just a lil over an hour from me that year. Hope the same thing will happen again next year if they are still going to have it in Branson again.

Maybe they changed it that following year? Had no idea since this was my first one, at least I was able to pick it up when Convention was just a lil over an hour from me that year. Hope the same thing will happen again next year if they are still going to have it in Branson again.
That would be awesome, since I feel pretty good about our Lotto getting his in WCP soon. He only needs one more Stakes win. Was way more than enough points!

default_biggrin.png
I just wanted to say that my two HOF's that I'm getting this year, WERE earned this year.
default_saludando.gif
Same with my one from last year. Just thought I'd add that. Not sure on all the rules, just my own experiences!
default_yes.gif

My only "wish" about Convention, was that it would be ONLINE for us members at home to watch and "be apart of"
default_smile.png
AMHA does a great job of it... I just wish we could too.

That would be awesome, since I feel pretty good about our Lotto getting his in WCP soon. He only needs one more Stakes win. Was way more than enough points!
My one western horse needs 2 stake wins with less than 20pts to go. I really hope to get his next year along with my other horse's roadster hof.

I had the bad experience on the plaques as in:

When they give the HOF out at convention someone picked up my plaque--probably being kind to give it to me when they saw me--- never got it for 4 years and only when I addressed them the issue that my horse never got his plaque it went missing. I phoned the office and had to pay to get my plaque then they mailed me one but the original never got to me for 4 years. The people kept it.

If they give out the HOF plaques they should have people sign for them that way they are traceable or only given out to the owners of the said horse.

Does anybody now if they determined who gets the various Area shows? Or does that also have to go to the BOD?

Sorry about your plaque Levi. That would be frusterating.

They should announce the dates and location of the area shows this morning.

Latest posts

Back