AMHR Area 2 national show in Traverse City

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Centerville, Mi

June 19, 20 and 21

Guess i'll be in Michigan that weekend
default_smile.png

As a former Michiganian...(HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN)...I think Traverse City would really alienate people from coming to the show because of where Traverse City is, approximately 5 hours N/W of Detroit.

The only ones who would attended it would probably be just Michiganians, unlike this year when the Area 2 Regional Show was held in Ashland, OH. I believe people came from 11 different States and Canada, and the number of horses at the show was well over 200.

Perhaps there is another Centerville in lower Michigan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Centreville is in the bottom of Michigan, not far from Sturgis, close to the Indiana boarder!!
default_wink.png

Hey Sheryl, where in MI are you from??

I was thinking there had to be two Centervilles and now we know there are!

So, I would imagine the show will be held at the Southern Michigan location. Which would be the smartest choice.

I'm originally from Romeo, MI. Romeo is approximately 40 miles north of Detroit.

Where did you live in MI?

AMHR website shows CentERville? Is it really CentREville?

I don't see the Midland, Michigan show posted yet?

If you are referring to the JUNE show in Midland....this Centerville show is its replacement.

There was some mix up on the dates and from what I understand that club cannot get their original weekend back??

Anyway, that is interesting on CentERville and CentREville.....

The CentERville I was referring to is north of Traverse. I'd lay money its the CentREville location, in S/W MI.

It is CentREville. It is only about 5 hours for me in Ohio so it is located close to the Ohio/Indiana border. I think it is pretty centrally located in Area 2. It is my understanding that it is a very nice facility so I am anxious to see and show there.

Arlene

Thats too bad about the Midland show they have an AWESOME facility.

I was recently at the Centreville grounds for a dog show and it did appear to be quite nice. Looking forward to showing there.

Whitney and anyone else who may be interested the Blue Water Miniature Horse Club will still be holding their AMHR Jubilee show in Midland. The date for 2009 is August 8th & 9th.

Tammie~

Yes it's the one in southern Michigan. Traverse City would be a nightmare!!! Although Midland would be the BEST place, since it's 10 miles from my driveway to the fairgrounds!!!

Yes it's the one in southern Michigan. Traverse City would be a nightmare!!! Although Midland would be the BEST place, since it's 10 miles from my driveway to the fairgrounds!!!
Guess you better learn to drive your rig further than 10 miles.
default_poke.gif
HAHA

HEY, you might as well come down to the Ashland, OH show. That'll give you good practice in the driving department. I think that show is the 2nd weekend of June.

Sheryl,

I grew up in Goodrich, south of Flint. Then my husband and I moved from Merrill, an hour north of Lansing, to Tennessee!! I have family that lived in Romeo, not sure if they still do!! Gotta love HockeyTown!!!!
default_smile.png

I grew up in Goodrich, south of Flint. Then my husband and I moved from Merrill, an hour north of Lansing,
We live 4 miles from Merrill. Ashland might be fun Sheryl

Hooray...From April thru September I showed in 4 shows in Illinois, 1 in Texas, Nationals in Oklahoma, and 3 here in Michigan. Not to mention making 2 trips to Texas to drop-off and pick up the same horse. And showed at our local county fair, I will be happy to stay and home this year to get everyone qualified for Nationals. I live just north of Flint
default_wacko.png

hollywood you wouldn't happen to have an awesome palomino stallion would you?

Being in Cheboygan, Traverse would be just fine with us;) However having family in the Coldwater area, Centervile can work too..

course we just go to watch anyway;(

Maixne

I missed the ones in Midland, I really wanted to at least go and watch. Maybe I'll try showing at the R shows this year but I am afraid it would be too much pressure, my first show was last year at our local fair, we did OK but I don't know about trying anything bigger than that on my own.

Hollywood- I am just east of Clio and went to the Genesse County Fair, I bet I might have seen you there ! Who were you showing ? I was the one that looked like I didn't know what the heck I was doing but some how managed to get Reserve with my pinto mare.

Hey Mad

We went to check out the Genessee County Mini show this year so we must have seen you. We are in Gaines and we hope to show at Genessee Fair next year, so maybe we will see you there.

Latest posts

Back