AMHA Worlds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at ALL impressed with this video feed compared to AMHR. Yes, I'm grateful to be able see/hear what is available. But can't hear anything but the people near the video camera talking about their personal lives. Guess they're the only ones doing this???

I am also not impressed with this feed compared with the AMHR one. I work at home on my computer and like to have the feed running in the background. It has always worked until this show. Some of the analysis I do uses a lot of computer memory and this feed uses so much memory itself that I had to shut it down while I was working!

Like AMHR, AMHA pays the video company to provide the feed. The problem is that the best spot for the cameras is the most popular place to sit in the arena because of the way they set up the horses and do pictures. As for the yappy dog, I agree it should be shut up but I do NOT agree that dogs should stay home. Ours come everywhere with us, are well behaved, and never a problem in the arena. The facility will start kicking dogs out soon, they do every year.

Trust me, people are not happy that this company wouldn't come for youth liberty and didn't set up until Friday morning which didn't allow time for taking care of any problems.

Guess I will start bringing my stable mascot to the shows. He is very well behaved and extremly quiet. My mini bull!

I can't get the streaming to work. I get to page hit play and nothing happens. Do I need to join to watch? It asks for an email and it still won't work. Disappointed due to I actually know some people that went.

I dont know how the video was done for AMHR but they were able to tap into the announcer so you could hear them clearly instead of trying to hear them through the arena's loud speakers and they were able to drown out the background noises of the people talking etc. I mean you can even hear the video people talking in the background and its very distracting when you are trying to watch because you start concentrating on their conversations and the people around them. The video stream done last year for AMHA was 100% times better.

And unlike the AMHR stream, this one is able to be blocked by my work ,so I dont know if it is how they have it embedded in the page or not but I could stream the AMHR just fine and watched it every day. Now I miss a ton of the classes because I cant see this one at work
default_sad.png
its very disappointing.

The audio issue aside, I was thrilled to find I could watch this on my phone! I'm having fun trying to pick the top two in the various classes. During the roadster class on Saturday evening, I picked both the 1st and 2nd placements. Nice to know I'm starting to be able to see what is being looked for in a given class. The halter classes are still stumping me though.

I'm also confused by the showmanship classes. I was taught to move with the judge in a way to be sure that when he/she walks around your horse, you move to keep from blocking the view to your horse. All the handlers in all the showmanship judges literally step right back into that sight line at the very end of the part of showmanship where the judge is walking around the horse.

I felt bad for all the youngster who had their horses refusing during the jumping class on Saturday evening. Those jumps were HIGH!! Yowza!

SERIOUSLY ?!!! No picture, no sound ! Have been waiting all morning to see my friend !

Last edited by a moderator:
So I signed on to watch and have sound but it tells me to type in my email addie to see- and it wont let me in. What is up with that? When I try to submit the email address, it doesnt and the screen is so dark I cant see the show.
default_thumbdown.gif

the audio around was so much better when I logged on last night to watch. They must have got enough compliants they did something about it. I tried to log onto my phone to watch but it required a flash player but adobe didnt make one for my windows 7 phone, so watching it online is about useless, so they really need to make it all "phone" user friendly when they say you can watch it from your phone.

I couldn't get on last night at all. But was thinking they were done for the day since I am on the West Coast and the time difference.

Latest posts

Back